Axe-FX IV idea for Fractal

Here We Go Again GIF

I use a laptop connected via USB to run the editor and set it on top of my rack for gigs. In the studio I just use my studio computer to run the editor. i have found that using either WiFi or Bluetooth to connect to any music gear is not reliable at a gig because there are so many dropouts due to conflicting WiFi and Bluetooth signals.

Last edited:
Why have a touch screen. I want live mind control in the IV. If I think it, it should just to it. I think Elon musk is secretly working on this for fractal.

So why a successor?
because it's just your current use case within which it can't be exhausted - not necesserily reality for all others, + I would guess you'd be able to exhaust it also should you suddenly get a hankerin for certain very cpu hungry fx combinations. It towers over the competition in capability, but inexhaustable?, for any logical combination of current and / or planned future features? ... c'mon now.

I sense a bit of that thing around here where some don't want to see a new hw unit released just because it makes their current unit no longer the king of the hill - kinda lame imo - staying on the leading edge with any developing product set costs $ - just reality, but even still, past practice show Fractal supporting older gen units with updates for extended periods compared to competition.

Last edited:
The only thing I would ask for is either adat on the axe fx 3 mk3 or a 1u half rack axe 3 tabletop , just a basic lcd screen for preset # and level lights and with just adat I/O and Di in and TRS outs, or a VST axe fx 3, but I understand that will never happen because of Piracy concerns, because, there isn't a SINGLE DAW that isn't cracked including Propellerheads Studio/Reason (that was for a long time uncrackable), and ALL the Steinberg stuff too, so about the most I can as for is Adat, because my RME Fireface UCX 2 does 3.96ms round trip at 64 samples 48khz with no pops or clicks, so using the axe fx as my interface is the biggest NO, Not ever, ever, please Cliff, just give us ADAT, the people using a rack of 3-4 of them would appreciate it very much because they could then just go ADAT to Madi/AVB/Dante and be done, please AXe FX 3 mk 3 with adat

Back
Top Bottom