Axe fx into Firehawk 1500

Dyloh

Anyone have some detailed information on running the Axe Fx into a Firehawk 1500 and using it as a Cab? I've read some stuff but sometimes I'm told it's just a 1/4 cable from the back of the Axe to the 1/4 input of the 1500 or something like 2 XLR, 2 Mic and the 1/4 cables. I honestly havnt experimented yet just thought I'd research it a bit before I start running cables all over the place and getting frustrated. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have a Firehawk 1500 and the Axe FX, I have it wired in stereo through the monitor L/R inputs. In the house, have not used it on a gig yet. I cranked it up up today and it sounds good. I don't believe all of the Firehawk's speakers are utilized in this way. I believe the center horn is disengaged using this method. There is a wet/dry/wet hookup that some use and it is explained in this thread here

http://line6.com/support/topic/1943...nnection-scheme-for-live-frfr-purposes/page-1

I am hoping that a future firmware update for the Firehawk will make it so that it will use all its speakers for a FRFR with just the monitor inputs.

Hope this helps

I would also add that it seems to me that line 6 hasn't put to much development into the Firehawk 1500 and putting most their time in the Helix, I could be wrong, but it's kind of crickets on the Firehawk 1500 forum page

Ah sorry mate I didn't get a email saying that I got a reply to my post. Thank a bunch for the link I'll give that a gander, pretty keen to see how the Axe sounds through a "Cab" because for whatever reason I can't get it to sound any good through my studio monitors I'm hoping this is the fix I'm after.

Did you have to do any special routing inside your Axe and your Firehawk at all?
I haven't yet. I would like to try the W/D/W set up soon. So far just LR output 1/4 to Firehawk aux in in the apartment. Haven't used it on a gig like that. It sounds good. I'm not sure all speakers are engaged this way. I was trying to find out if the latest firmware for the Firehawk solved this, but there was no replies on the forum. I saw a video where Devin Townsend briefly talks about his setup with the AX and Firehawk.. but I'm not sure how he hooks it up. I have a pair of Mackie 824's in the studio that sounds good with the Axe, so that works for home. I've been using the Firehawk on some small jazz gigs with an arch top and it sounds wonderful, but it would be nice to have it as a full FRFR with the AXE FX. Hope line 6 makes this work! Let me know how your set up goes. I'd like to hear your thoughts

Back
Top Bottom