Axe-Fx III

SteveW

Experienced
What a nice step up from the II XL! It's now 2 weeks and I'm appreciating it every day more and more. The complete on-screen setups for each block are just over the top.

The amp blocks (Marshall) are nicely improved over the previous model as well.

I'm just loving this more and more!

Would be nice on the FX IV to have a wireless interface to iPhone and Android, so we could firmware update via WiFi! ;)

I travel south in winter and have two setups, which was the AX8 and the FXII in my main home. Sold my AX8 recently and kept my FX II to take south with me. It's unreal how much these devices command in the used market...quite often as much as or more than new.

I ditched my (Marshall/ Mesa) stacks years ago when I started with Fractal...and haven't looked back. In fact, the AXE has made me play a whole lot more than I ever did with my analogue equipment! The only problem is that I spend more than half of my playing time dialing in tones...LOL

You know, I just got my Axe III a couple days ago and it's been the first thing that has made me even slightly consider getting rid of my tube amps and pedals. I can't believe how great it sounds and feels and the features! God, it's so rich - even just a plain ol' clean amp setting - I'll sit there and play for an hour and not realize it! It's just ear candy, this thing.

Back
Top Bottom