Axe-Fx III won't make me sell MY AX8 !

Honestly, for me personally, the ax3 is just too much. I have no need or desire to run 8 delay blocks simultaneously, and i get a good sound without maxing cpu on the ax8. Ive got a bad back so im sick of moving rack systems around anyways.

Yep, the AX8 is the bomb for gigs and rehearsals. That said, if the funds were available I'd get the III just to have in the studio rack. But no way do I want to drag a rack AND a floor controller to gigs.

Sad that the Helix just win the battle!

Yawn.

I set my AXE II rack up last night, (which also has the very cool RAC12), for the first time in ages, (it was on FW 3.03). It was nice and everything but I quickly came to the conclusion that I don't need a big rack and MFC set up, and don't want to lug it. I have upgraded it to 9.04 and will restore it and the MFC to factory settings together with the factory presets and then decide the best way to sell it: which I should have done a month ago.........

I got my AX8 a little under a year ago and was king of apprehensive to some degree, mainly worried about cpu and also latency. Finally said F*** it and went for it. It has been my go to unit ever since, its always there and ready just (grab and go).
Once I wrapped my head around the board that switches 1-8 can be anything you want per preset, I fell in love again!
As for CPU and Latency those fears are long gone. Don't get me wrong if a AX8-2 ever comes out I will get one, the extra horsepower/features would be welcomed.
For now the AF II sits (except when recording) and the MFC-101 has not been used since the AX8 came into my life.
Keeping my AF II and MFC-101 there is such a flood of them being sold right now.
OOhhh forgot yes I will be getting a III (But the AX8 stays!!)

John

As for CPU and Latency those fears are long gone. Don't get me wrong if a AX8-2 ever comes out I will get one, the extra horsepower/features would be welcomed.

Indeed. The instant switching and channels features are what I would want, and extra scene controllers would be nice. As for the hardware I am using mine with a midi foot controller so I have dedicated scene switches, so I would like an extra row of footswitches. I have no issues with CPU with the Ax8, but more everything is good to future proof it. Oh yeah a second amp block please and global blocks..............

What battle? Use what works for you. Helix is a great piece of gear, so is the AX8.

Back on topic. I'm on the AxeIII wait list but I have not decided it I'll pull the trigger... even if I do purchase the III, I have no plans to sell my AX8! It's the best sounding floor-based modeler on the planet, IMO.

You’ve joined and lurked on the forum for 6 months and this is your first post? Sad certainly applies to something here but I’m not sure it’s the AX8...
Looks like when i logged in the browser just push me back in the last thread i just read. That post was suppose to be for the guy who just sell his AX8 to keep the Helix. Maybe I will just continue to read instead of posting....

Would just be great to have a smaller ax8. Not bigger. But an AX8-ii would be cool. Still wouldn't get rid of my AX8 tho!

I totally agree with that statement in reguards the GUI, easy to navigate, program, scribble strips, two amps at once, adjusting on the fly with your feet instead of your hands, color rings for clean crunch, lead tones and effects. I am struggling making a decision between keeping my line 6 Helix or the Ax8. I wish ax8 would have those options. Here's the difference, it all comes down to the quality of the tone. I have noticed the difference in how nice the cleans are. Still struggling to get the good metal tone. Maybe experiment on the EQ more just like the Helix. Still not decided yet. Uuuggghh

Quite convinced the AX8 platform will remain a few years as is; it is recent enough and it doesnt fit the same needs. Imho the III is more than the new generation product for afxII, it is also a studio workhorse with all its IO and soundcard options.
Ax8 users probably are more gig oriented and accept that they'll have some more work using the axe in their DAW.
So I guess there will still be some updates for ax8 in the years to come, which hopefully will generate some spin off to the Axe fx II also.
Nevertheless, as axe fx II has now become a (high level) 'middle of the road' solution in the fas universe, it will surely survive less long in matters of updates.
Howbeit, any new FAS product will be a leap forward.

Looks like when i logged in the browser just push me back in the last thread i just read. That post was suppose to be for the guy who just sell his AX8 to keep the Helix. Maybe I will just continue to read instead of posting....

Yes please.

I have the AX8 and an XL+ with MFC-101, 2 EV-1's and 1 EV-2.
This is all the gear I will probably ever need.
I need more time to fully understand these, and play of course! :)

Back
Top Bottom