AXE FX III to Apollo Using Sonarworks/SoundID

indeloon85

Inspired
So I'm hoping someone here is using a similar setup and found a solution to this.

I'm running my Axe FX III into my Apollo X8 via analog outputs/inputs and S/pdif (for the added option) and my Apollo feeds my monitors. I'm also using Sonarworks/SoundID via SoundSource (Rogue Amoeba) to help calibrate my speakers which also allows it to be used as a systemwide calibration (instead of using their own buggy SystemWide software). Though, whenever I track into Pro Tools or Studio One, I typically use headphones to monitor with as little latency through UAD's Console app instead of through the DAW.

My issue though is that I've been trying out different Amp Sim softwares (Neural DSP, PRIMO, etc) and these typically have a setup window where you can tell the application (when using as a standalone, NOT a plugin in the DAW) to use a specific input and the output through my Apollo's Mon L/R. Doing this somehow bypasses UAD's Console application and runs it through the Mac's CoreAudio (I think?) and hits the SoundSource app with the speaker calibration. This seems to have the same low latency or similar to UAD's console application running the Amp Sim as a standalone rather than throught the DAW.

My question though, is there a way to do this with the Axe FX where it will also go through the speaker calibration and maybe still have the option to run it through UAD's console maybe just for added processing similar to these StandAlone Amp Sim applications?

Sure, you can use a DAW (or Soundsource in conjunction with Loopback) to run the Axe-FX output through any plugin processing you want, including room correction, on your computer. See "Monitor Through DAW" in the recording guide. The latency will be the same as any configuration that entails doing audio processing on your computer...there's nothing special about using the standalone version of an amp sim.

I have a similar setup, axe fx analog outs to a UAD. On my Mac, I have soundsource with headphone eq.
I don’t know of any way to get axe fx to go through correction without going through a DAW. The whole thing adds way too much latency.
Instead, Ive made an IR of my headphone EQ and run it on an IR player inside the axe fx. That way, I still get to do low latency monitoring directly from the UAD.

Back
Top Bottom