Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what the ribbon and condenser are based on? I didnt spot that in the wiki.
I don't recall seeing it mentioned, but likely candidates for the ribbon are a 121 or a 160. Just read an article that claimed the 160 (my personal favorite ribbon mic that I don't own) was used by Eddie Kramer when recording some Hendrix and Led Zeppelin tracks.

Not sure on the condensor. U87? C414?

I am going to have to eat my own words. Forcing myself to try out the alternate dyna-cabs for an extended period of time has wielded much better results than expected. I have become a traitor to the 57 and now must join the SM7 club. Big shocker, Cliff was right from the beginning. Don't get me wrong, the 57 still sounds great. I have saved a version of presets with that combo for a rainy day.

The Amp block now features “Auto Dyna-Cab Impedance”. When set to ON the speaker impedance curve of the Amp block will follow the Cabinet Type in the first mixer slot of the associated Cabinet block. I.e., if the Cab Type in the first mixer slot of Cabinet 1 is, say, 4x12 5153 and the Mode is Dyna-Cab then Amp 1’s speaker impedance will automatically be set to 4x12 5153.

I probably know the answer on this, but for it to be blatantly clear: does this apply per channel of the cab block? So if I have the Mesa Straight in Channel A the impedance curve will be the appropriate one for that cab when that channel is selected. And if I select Channel B having the 1960 cab. the amp will automatically switch to the appropriate impedance curve for that cab?

I probably know the answer on this, but for it to be blatantly clear: does this apply per channel of the cab block? So if I have the Mesa Straight in Channel A the impedance curve will be the appropriate one for that cab when that channel is selected. And if I select Channel B having the 1960 cab. the amp will automatically switch to the appropriate impedance curve for that cab?
yesireebub!

darkwing duck lets get dangerous GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom