Axe FX III Clean Tones

Hey guys I was just looking for ideas/suggestions. I am able to find overdrive tones that I like pretty easy however it seems that most of the clean amp sounds dont seem to have as much body as I would like and I cant seem to find a way to get it to that feel. Looking for Like a big bold clean fender kind of thing ands cant seem to nail it. Tried the dumble amps a few fenders.
Any help is appreciated.

I like the Badger 18 for this, and hitting the front end with a little kick from boost, input trim, or a cleanish pedal like the Tone of Kings. As always, the cab factors in as much as anything else. Maybe try a Rumble cab or one of the 1x15 Vibroverb cabs mixed in with your favorite clean cab. A little compression helps with various types of clean sounds too.

Hey guys I was just looking for ideas/suggestions. I am able to find overdrive tones that I like pretty easy however it seems that most of the clean amp sounds dont seem to have as much body as I would like and I cant seem to find a way to get it to that feel. Looking for Like a big bold clean fender kind of thing ands cant seem to nail it. Tried the dumble amps a few fenders.
Any help is appreciated.
AC-20 models, Nuclear Tone and Matchbox DC30 all have great clean tones. Dial them in right on the 'edge-of-breakup' picking dynamics can take care of the rest. Play normally, it's big and bold; lighten up on the touch and it's clean and sweet; dig in and it will growl.

I always post this video as it really explains how to get a bold clean that really isn't clean, but sounds like it is:

This; that being said… Often the secret to a “big fender sound” is volume.
This! I remember that I hated Axe 2's clean tones... until I actually gave them some proper volume.

With distortion it's not so much a thing, but clean tones sound much, much worse when played with low volume.

I remember being floored at a music retailer I worked at back in 2013. There was a guy playing a Slash Les Paul into a Blues Junior, nothing else in the signal chain. The volume was high, it was barely tolerable without earplugs, but it sounded unbelievable. And it was literally a Blues Junior and a Les Paul. Volume works wonders!

What are you listening through, phones, monitors, PA, FRFR, cab?

Often the secret to a “big fender sound” is volume.
Yes, and a suitable CITR (e.g. Fender Tone Master FR-12) goes a long way to move some air and excite LF room modes.

Back
Top Bottom