Axe-Fx III as audio interface

rrhoads17

Inspired
How do I use the Axefx III as an audio interface when I play the Helix Native or anything other VST? I use the Bypass preset, but I still hear the clean flat sound from the Axefx mixed in with the sound from the VST. I am also using Reaper when I use the VST's.

Use an empty preset and select USB input 5 as track input. "Bypass" routes In 1 directly to Out 1 so that's why you're hearing the clean sound.

Optionally, the Axe can still do pre & post effects with a routing like [In 1 - Pre Fx - Out 2], [USB In - Post FX - Out 1]. The track should then use USB input(s) 3 or 3/4 and outputs 7/8.

Just sold my AFX 2 to move to an AFX3 in the 2 coming weeks :D :D

FYI I'm using REaper/Win10 along with an XR18 as audio interface too. And as I wanted to use my AFX2 as another audio interface to record directly my AFX2 with usb, I installed ASIO4ALL.
This allows me to aggregate all my I/Os from the XR18 and the AFX2.

So I can in Reaper:
  • select AFXOUT 1/2 to have Reaper out through the AFX2, with AFX IN 1/2 to stereo recording in a Reaper track,
  • or a dedicated out from the XR18 (along with its inputs for cab micked, other simulators, etc... to have reaper out from the XR18

My PC tower is an I7 8700K@4.7 Ghz and in the reaper upper right corner I had with the WR18 + AFX2 as audio interfaces a 2.6 ms latency with no issues at all..

The same applies to AFX3.

Back
Top Bottom