Axe-Fx III - Anyone using Cubase 11 Pro and a Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro?

Heir-Apparent

Hi, I am seriously thinking about getting an Axe-Fx 3, I am an incredibly disappointed/depressed owner of an 11 Rack.

What I want to know is firstly, what is the latency like with a footswitch, changing between patches, anyone with a Ground Control Pro and an Axe-Fx 3 that can shed light?

With the 11 Rack and GCP the latency makes it pretty much unusable, changing between effects within a patch is instant, but changing to a new patch completely is like a full 1.5 second delay, making it essentially useless.

Also, anyone using Axe-Fx 3 with Cubase 11 have any issues at all, like, does the Axe-Fx Editor run fine etc.

I understand the Axe-Fx 3 isn't an interface, which is a shame, it seems like it's almost the perfect unit, so I would still need my 11 rack for that, or is my understanding incorrect, there is no phantom power on the Axe-FX 3 so that's the 1 missing thing from making it perfect, I think.

Thanks for reading my ramblings, I guess I'm hesitant and wanting confirmation of how good the unit is.

The changing of presets is due to the unit being changed and not the the GCP, unfortunately.

This isn't latency... That is something different.

The Axe Fx also has some audio gap when changing presets. However, most people use scenes within a preset to be able to have mostly gapless changes.

I almost never change presets while playing so I can't comment on how big the gap currently is.

Also, I should add that the GCP isn't the best controller for Fractal devices. It doesn't natively support an ability to change scenes or block channels.

Yes I did more digging and realised that I am needing to spend more money than I was hoping, due to the FC-12 being far superior.

What about using the Axe-FX 3 as a sort of interface, will it enable me to use main L+R outputs from Cubase 11 to monitors/headphones?

I guess getting rid of the 11 rack and GCP and swapping it, then just getting a good USB mic for vocals, would make everything easier.

Just any feedback from anyone that uses the Axe-FX 3 as an interface with Cubase, would be cool, sort of final confirmation.

Thanks guys

Yes I did more digging and realised that I am needing to spend more money than I was hoping, due to the FC-12 being far superior.

What about using the Axe-FX 3 as a sort of interface, will it enable me to use main L+R outputs from Cubase 11 to monitors/headphones?
Sorry, I totally missed the interface part of your post.

The Axe Fx III is an 8x8 audio interface. It works quite well in my experience.

You don't need an FC-12 or FC-6, although they are very good units devised specifically for the Fractal devices.

There are also numerous midi controllers (the FCs are not midi) that will work well and not too expensive such as the ones by Voes and Morningstar, to name a couple.

Back
Top Bottom