Axe FX III 4cm Mark V 35 Opinions?

Hypieran

So I've got a Mark V 35 into a Mesa Cab with the Axe FX III in 4cm. I'm just curious on people's opinions. Using Mark V for rhythm and lead. The Axe for clean Preamp and effects. So almost wondering if its just better off grabbing like Gemini 2x12 or something and selling the Mesa. Although to be honest idk if it would even make a difference to me is the hard part. I'm just not able to use IRs right now. I know a lot of guys like the Axe with a power amp and cab so I'm just looking for anyone's input. If I should just keep my setup or try something else. I havent really tried anything but a Headrush 108 which I didn't like personally too boomy.

I used to have a Mark V, an EVH 5150iii, and more 4CM with Axe Fx III. At the end of the day, Fractal models them all so well that I just sold all my amps.

The Axe-Fx through my Matrix GT1000FX and Mesa 2x12 just sounds so good. Can get crazy good sounds at low volume with 3 kids sleeping and can shake the windows when they're out with the wife.

Sell the Mesa and use the cash for the FC-12 and some Mission or EV series pedals.

I tried full range speakers but they just don't have the same punch, at least for the music that I play. The Atomic CLR was the best I played through, but nothing like the amp in the room feel I'm getting now. Benefits to both obviously so good luck on your quest.

Where are you playing mostly?
Gigs? Home?

I'd sell the amp and keep the cab. Nothing sounds like a Mesa cab in the real world like a Mesa cab.

Impulse responses are great for recording, great for in-ears where you go to the board, and great for playing out of near field monitors like in a studio.
As a "Be loud in a club, like a 4x12"I impulses and FRFR solutions are more trouble than they are worth. We already have a thing for that - guitar cabs! Don't fix what isn't broken. Use IR where it makes sense and cabs where it makes sense. Doesn't have to be "or".

I would stick with the Mark V. I've only used a couple of power amp and cab combinations and FRFR's but none sounded or felt as good as running the FM3/Axe III into the front of my Brunetti or Orange OR15 using FAS amp models.

I used to have a Mark V, an EVH 5150iii, and more 4CM with Axe Fx III. At the end of the day, Fractal models them all so well that I just sold all my amps.

The Axe-Fx through my Matrix GT1000FX and Mesa 2x12 just sounds so good. Can get crazy good sounds at low volume with 3 kids sleeping and can shake the windows when they're out with the wife.

Sell the Mesa and use the cash for the FC-12 and some Mission or EV series pedals.

I tried full range speakers but they just don't have the same punch, at least for the music that I play. The Atomic CLR was the best I played through, but nothing like the amp in the room feel I'm getting now. Benefits to both obviously so good luck on your quest.
Got FCB1010 programmed to change scenes presets control wah and control volume. Works well once you set it up. Thanks for your input :)

I would stick with the Mark V. I've only used a couple of power amp and cab combinations and FRFR's but none sounded or felt as good as running the FM3/Axe III into the front of my Brunetti or Orange OR15 using FAS amp models.
Thanks for the opinion more and more leaning toward keeping it and maybe down road grab FRFR. Was considering Gemini 2 x12 or go 2 QSC k10.2 . Those were my top 2 picks.

My 2cents here. I also have the mark V:35 and I have run 4cm in the effects loop which is a little cumbersome because midi out doesn't work to the Mark V Din adapter. So I have to use the channel switcher. With that being said, I tend to run into the front of the channel 1's fat channel and it sounds glorious either way. I also had a FRFR option which was the 112 power cab, two in stereo but I honestly the prefer the mark V option as I tend to find those FRFR speakers can get to harsh imo even with a sever cut in the cab block.

My 2cents here. I also have the mark V:35 and I have run 4cm in the effects loop which is a little cumbersome because midi out doesn't work to the Mark V Din adapter. So I have to use the channel switcher. With that being said, I tend to run into the front of the channel 1's fat channel and it sounds glorious either way. I also had a FRFR option which was the 112 power cab, two in stereo but I honestly the prefer the mark V option as I tend to find those FRFR speakers can get to harsh imo even with a sever cut in the cab block.
What cabs did you use with the Mark V or was it just FRFR?

My mark v:35 is a combo. So it’s the stock black shadow either way it’s plenty loud on a stage or an iso cab.

My mark v:35 is a combo. So it’s the stock black shadow either way it’s plenty loud on a stage or an iso cab.
I use 1x12 slant mesa recto v30 cab sounds great. I'm thinking I just buy a FRFR to try but keep what I got the head, Axe, and the 1x12 cab.

I have a Mark V:25 that I love. If you have one Axe FX III, and the Mark V is your only remaining tube amp (which is my situation), then it is probably a good idea to have a backup.

I'm a digital designer and occasional front-end programmer for a living. My work has taught me that if you rely on a computer for anything, you should have a backup computer. (This is why so many folks use both a desktop and a laptop, for whatever that's worth.) I sort of have the same attitude towards the Axe FX: if I need to play in the worship band on Sunday and the Axe FX just broke, I don't it want it to be the only way I have to play.

Back
Top Bottom