Axe-Fx II XL with Ground Control Pro by Voodoo Lab

JOrtega19

hey everyone! This post goes out to the people that use the ground control pro by voodoo lab with their axe fx! I got my device hooked up to my axe fx but its only letting me page to preset 126. Im trying to get to the rest of the other few hundred patches! Can someone help me and give me directions on how to have full access to all the other patches. Thank you!!

You might try a search in the other midi controllers section, I tried to assemble a bunch of threads a while back in this thread The VooDoo Labs GCP Thread Though I don't recall seeing whether or not the GCP will recognize presets above 128. It used to be stickied but I hadn't updated it in a while and was unstuck.

I don't use any presets that far up so Im not sure if there is a way for the GCP to tell the Axe to go any further than 128.

hey everyone! This post goes out to the people that use the ground control pro by voodoo lab with their axe fx! I got my device hooked up to my axe fx but its only letting me page to preset 126. Im trying to get to the rest of the other few hundred patches! Can someone help me and give me directions on how to have full access to all the other patches. Thank you!!

GCP won't go past the first 128 presets on it's own. You can use a custom midi map on the axe fx to allow you to trade one the first 128 for another preset in bank B or C. You'll still only be able to access 128 presets at a time.

MIDI Bank Select - Fractal Audio Systems Wiki

"MIDI PC Offset"

"Under the I/O menu, MIDI tab, the MIDI PC Offset parameter allows you to specify a custom offset value from 0 to 255. Whatever value it is set to is added to the actual PC value you send. For example, if you send MIDI PC 5 to the Axe-Fx, and the MIDI PC Offset is set to 7, then the Axe-Fx will bring up patch 12. Setting it to a value of 128 will bring up all patches in Bank B instead of A when not using Bank Select messages. It's not currently possible to set the value to 256 to do the same thing with Bank C, but setting it to the upper limit of 255 will allow you to access all except the last patch of Bank C without using Bank Select messages. If MIDI Mapping is active, MIDI PC Offset has no effect."

Back
Top Bottom