Axe FX II XL to FM3

Fredlos120

Inspired
I know this has been discussed briefly, but I am struggling and just asking for tips. I’ve had the II XL since 2014 and do love it. Main goal is for smaller and light rig, so have FM 3 for a while. Played II XL yesterday after leaving it alone for a while. Impresses myself! I just can’t get the same from the FM 3. Looking for process tips, please. Just copy blocks? Fractal it doesn’t seem to do the trick. Thanks much for any helpful advice.

I know this has been discussed briefly, but I am struggling and just asking for tips. I’ve had the II XL since 2014 and do love it. Main goal is for smaller and light rig, so have FM 3 for a while. Played II XL yesterday after leaving it alone for a while. Impresses myself! I just can’t get the same from the FM 3. Looking for process tips, please. Just copy blocks? Fractal it doesn’t seem to do the trick. Thanks much for any helpful advice.
Typo - Fractalbot doesn’t seem to do the trick.

Have you tried FracTool?

I am not a II user, but to my understanding it received Ares modeling with the final update. As the FM3 is also still using Ares until Cygnus is out the difference shouldn't be that dramatic.

Although not the same (I went from Ax8 to the axeIII), I found that the fractool didn’t get me there at all. I ended up creating my new presets from scratch. They sound way better now but it took a little time.

TBH my needs aren’t much to get where it sounds good - drive, MV, Bass, presence, input lowcut, and IR selection. I only occasionally need to goose the depth or mess with EQ but if I need too much EQ sculpting I usually just grab a different amp. YMMV of course.

Back
Top Bottom