Axe-FX II with Peterson Strobe Tuner

ksmithdc

Inspired
Hi all,

I have a small rack rig I'm trying to put together. Here are the components:

View attachment 5751

1. Fuhrman Power Conditioner / Surge Protector.

2. Peterson Strobe Tuner

3. Fractal Axe-FX II

4. Rocktron Velocity 300 (Power amp)

When I plug my guitar into the front input of the Axe-FX II and then go from the Fractal to the power amp - no problem. But if I plug into the front input of the Peterson tuner, then run the output from the Peterson to the "Input 1 L/Mono" on the back of the Fractal, there's no signal going to the Fractal. The meter on the front is not lighting up (indicating no signal is being read).

So if I wish to use the Fractal unit, do I HAVE to plug into the front of the unit? And if so, how would I hook up the Peterson tuner?

Thanks,

Kevin

If you use the rear input you need to change the I/O settings, select Input 1 Left instead of front.
Question is why you would want to use the rear input. That would only make sense if the tuner is a line level device.
But then you wouldn't want to connect your guitar to its input.

Best way would be to connect your guitar to the front input, and keep the tuner in the Eff.loop of the Axe.

Interesting. Just out of curiosity, why is that configuration superior to running guitar--->Peterson--->out of Peterson to back Input 1 /LMono of Fractal? Why run guitar into front of Fractal instead?

Thanks,

Kevin

And if the tuner really is a line level-only device, you shouldn't run a guitar in it.

They should really put that info about the I/O settings in a prominent place in the manual, like, say, first thing. Don't you think? :twisted

Back
Top Bottom