Axe-Fx II with Eventide Stompboxes

gspin

I was wondering whether anyone is using their Axe-Fx with one or more of the Eventide Stompboxes and, if so, how? (in fx loop, series or parallel, etc.).
I know the Axe-Fx has some pretty comparable fx on board, but I have been using the Eventides for a while and have developed patches that I would really love to use...

Needless to say, I haven't yet got my Axe-Fx ...:)

Many thanks in advance

gspin

That's great to hear... I was thinking more in terms of the Pitchfactor which has more of Eventide's core pitchshifting/harmonizing sounds...
thanks

The PitchFactor is still hard to beat. I tried to replicate some of its sounds in my Ultra but could only get so far. So, the PF works fine with the Ultra at least.
Now to see how far I can get with my AxeFx2 that arrived today! :)

I have a Modfactor in front of an ULTRA and a Timefactor afterwards. I am using the FXL to go in and out of my Triaxis.

To be honest, there is really only one preset that I'd miss if I sold both Eventides!

It's 10:2 on the Mod - it's called GUITAR DRUMS.

Anyone able to dial in that Ringmod tone on a Fractal box yet?

There's a pretty interesting preset in FW5 banks that does something like the drums. I'll look for it later.

I also use a time factor, mod factor and pitch factor with the ultra (I have a II, but am still going thru the learning curve). I use 'em in one of the sends in my mixer, so I can use them on any kind of instrument or signal I plug into the mixer.

The II has changed a lot of things, and I suspect I might sell them in the near future. They were great with the ultra, doing things that I could not figure out how to get with the ultra (more user error and my in-adeptness), but with the II being able to reamp and with USB, I think I can do whatever I need with it instead once I got it all figured out.

What I DID and STILL like about the eventides is that they are SOOOO easy to dial in a great sound. A couple of knobs and you're on your way! ;) Very difficult to make them sound bad (tho I've come close! :lol ) Also very nice to have a lots of knobs to tweak.....I like lots of tweak-friendly knobs......

The PitchFactor is still hard to beat. I tried to replicate some of its sounds in my Ultra but could only get so far. So, the PF works fine with the Ultra at least.
Now to see how far I can get with my AxeFx2 that arrived today! :)

Hej tgunn,
How is your experience so far with the Axe Fx II? Mine just arrived a week ago so I am climbing quite a learning curve (I am an Axe FX newbie).
My biggest concern for now while I evaluate the unit is its ability to replicate the warmth of the Eventide delays and pitchshifting.... I really suspect I will not be letting go of my Pitchfactor (and possibly not the TF and MF either). I spent a lot of time tweaking these pedals and love their sound.

Which leads to my question: how are you setting up your Pitchfactor with the Axe Fx II? I assume in the FX loop, but perhaps it could work placed after the Axe FX and not in the loop? I assume in both cases you would use Line in (and not Guitar in) on the Pitchfactor?

Cheers

gspin

Hej tgunn,
How is your experience so far with the Axe Fx II? Mine just arrived a week ago so I am climbing quite a learning curve (I am an Axe FX newbie).
My biggest concern for now while I evaluate the unit is its ability to replicate the warmth of the Eventide delays and pitchshifting.... I really suspect I will not be letting go of my Pitchfactor (and possibly not the TF and MF either). I spent a lot of time tweaking these pedals and love their sound.

Which leads to my question: how are you setting up your Pitchfactor with the Axe Fx II? I assume in the FX loop, but perhaps it could work placed after the Axe FX and not in the loop? I assume in both cases you would use Line in (and not Guitar in) on the Pitchfactor?

Cheers

gspin

Same situation, I have not been able to reproduce the delays I get with the H9 Stompboxes. Very close but not quite right. I also use a lot the 1984 patch pitch effect on the eventide. The Axe Fx II is not as good as the eventide. Maybe on a future upgrade, because it has the potential (sigh)

Guitar Drums sounds like an effect from the 1980s Roland GP100, where you use a small shift with Feedback to create a descending TOM tone, plus a groove delay. Do you have a sound sample? I could advise you on creating it in the Axe-Fx.

Same situation, I have not been able to reproduce the delays I get with the H9 Stompboxes.
Try a drive block before delay, set it clean, cut high as needed, set slew rate so that you have a warm-compressed like tone, than lower it just a little bit so that is almost (almost!) trasparent.

Can someone please post a clip with Eventide Detuning vs Axe 2 ? I use the Detuning a lot of the Axe and have alsways been interested in the Eventide Pitch detune...many many thanks !

recorded direct please , no mobile cams and stuff....;)

Back
Top Bottom