Axe FX II with EV ZLX-12P

Put 'em on poles, boom boom goes bye bye without tweaking. I use mine in live mode on poles, zero tweaks and they sound fantastic.

I keep all my monitors flat and only tweak in the Axe. Get consistently great tone in any venue when I go FOH direct only...

Poles... if only I had room!

My boxy little room is almost certainly the cause of my boxy boomy sound. I've wound off all the bass in the speakers and dropped it in the Axe-fx too. Also rolled off a little of the highs.

I'm inching towards it not making the ears ring. Thinking of getting a 31 band EQ so I can EQ for the dodgy room.

Nope... I've tried every EQ setting. On the Axe-FX, on the ZLX's and I've put a couple of 1/3 octave graphics in the chain. I'm thinking the ZLX's just aren't the answer for my practice room.

Gave up and took the ZLX's back. I think they are good speakers, but not suited to tiny rooms.

I've temporarily hooked up my Dr Z Maz 18. It's not perfect but it's OK until I figure out what next. I'm thinking a pair of Fender hot-rod amps set to super-clean.........

2 ev live x 112p great, no complaints, in my smaller office I do have to turn off the "full range" and lower my global eq. they are elevated. no complaints. Doubt even clr's would make a huge difference at my lower volume levels. Im sure these would fill a small club nicely. As for wattage, they are loud. Everybody states peak rms; boy try to buy a stereo receiver, they will give you peak idea rms with 2 channels only for 1 sec. See what they really are with all channels driven! Anyway, I like em. The Ev live x series are real wood as opposed to plastic forwhat its worth.

Back
Top Bottom