Axe-Fx II vs AX8

rdpar

Inspired
I have an axe fx II and almost always use two amps. One for scene one and usally the same amp beefed up for scene 2. I know with the axe fx II there is a bit of unacceptable delay if I use x/y changes. I have been experimenting with just using one amp and changing x/y settings and it works fine except for the delay. Is there a way to eliminate the delay on the AX8? Also what if any problems are you having with cpu usage when creating patches.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is not a delay. It is a mute placed there on purpose to prevent pops and noise.

You either have a quick mute, or loud noise. Any real amp and modeling system faces the same challenges, unless there is barely anything changing like in lower quality modelers/processors.

The only way to eliminate the audio drop out is to not make an x/y switch. In your case, it sounds like, you could get very far by using scene controllers. Here's an example.

Regarding CPU - I usually make one preset per song, and then I hardly ever have any CPU problems. If I try to do a 'do-it-all' preset, I run into the CPU limit, but usually, I actually run out of switches, before I run out of CPU.

It is not a delay. It is a mute placed there on purpose to prevent pops and noise.

You either have a quick mute, or loud noise. Any real amp and modeling system faces the same challenges, unless there is barely anything changing like in lower quality modelers/processors.
SOOO it's a delay.

Smittefar , thanks so much. Problem solved. Yes one preset for each if they are really different. I usually only use two scenes anyway.

Back
Top Bottom