Axe FX II tuner?

Dimebucker

Experienced
Hey

I have not find yet ,if that tuner have master tuner function like kemper was have. And what that mean ,is you can tune your guitar cents down or up moren than regular 440hz. Is there some option for that? Would be nice to tune guitar like van halen and dimebag Darrell was have ,420-445hz below or up?

"A4" is A in what octave its heard, A4 meaning A above middle C.
C (musical note) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
You can find the tuner in the index of the manual for all the options. Its one of the bold ones.
Right from the front display just hit the tuner button and you'll see tune/config/offsets pages. I guess technically you can tune A even lower or higher by another 12.7 hz using the offsets.
I know I like my A at 426.7 hz so B is in tune with 60 cycle hum (480hz)

Hey

Is there option like one button ,lets say I want 420hz below tuning all strings not a one only one string. And some button where is 440hz and I chance that to 420hz ,and then I tune whole my guitar whit that 420hz?

"A4" is A in what octave its heard, A4 meaning A above middle C.
C (musical note) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
You can find the tuner in the index of the manual for all the options. Its one of the bold ones.
Right from the front display just hit the tuner button and you'll see tune/config/offsets pages. I guess technically you can tune A even lower or higher by another 12.7 hz using the offsets.
I know I like my A at 426.7 hz so B is in tune with 60 cycle hum (480hz)

Well if I understand your question right, yes. Thats exactly what changing the config in tuner does. BUT are you sure that is what your looking to do? Based on the two guys you mentioned and the somewhat low 420hz, which is almost just Ab, are you just looking to tune down a 1/2 step?

Hey

Nice to hear that tuner works that way then. Im now in EADGBe standard tuning ,and if I want get little bit below tuning. Dimebag was use that ,425hz few cents below lots and it gives that tight tone. Its almost half step down but ,little bit higher. And van halen was use that ,tuning in 80s very much.

Well if I understand your question right, yes. Thats exactly what changing the config in tuner does. BUT are you sure that is what your looking to do? Based on the two guys you mentioned and the somewhat low 420hz, which is almost just Ab, are you just looking to tune down a 1/2 step?

Painat etupaneelista "tuner", sitten yhden kerran oikealle-nappia, jotta saat virittimen "config" -välin esille. Siinä on vasemmanpuoleisin nappi "CAL", joka muuttaa virityksen hertsimäärää. Sitä vaan ränkläät kohdalleen eli vähän alemmas jos "sävelten väliin" haluat virittää. :victorious:

are you just looking to tune down a 1/2 step?

... because if you are, you can't. I've been asking for this feature for a LONG time. I'd like to have the feature that 97% of the other tuners in the world have and that is to move the tuning capo-style (bb - b - 0 - # - ##). But not just on the tuner, but for the pitch/harmony as well.

... because if you are, you can't. I've been asking for this feature for a LONG time. I'd like to have the feature that 97% of the other tuners in the world have and that is to move the tuning capo-style (bb - b - 0 - # - ##). But not just on the tuner, but for the pitch/harmony as well.

Errrr... Just tune Eb Ab Db etc... ? If you use a harmoniser, just set it to the appropriate key.

Not hard, really.

It's a Chromatic tuner. No need for this....

I know it's not hard. I don't throw my hands up and say "I guess I can't use the axe fx tuner". I tune to Eb Ab Db...

It's more of a mental thing. Even though I tune down a half step I'm still going to call the E string an E string... Not an Eb string. And I'm going to call the first chord of Eruption an A chord, not an Ab. It would be nice if I could configure the tuner and the pitch/harmony in the axe to match what I'm going to call the notes on the guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it's not hard. I don't throw my hands up and say "I guess I can't use the axe fx tuner". I tune to Eb Ab Db...

It's more of a mental thing. Even though I tune down a half step I'm still going to call the E string an E string... Not an Eb string. And I'm going to call the first chord of Eruption an A chord, not an Ab. It would be nice if I could configure the tuner and the pitch/harmony in the axe to match what I'm going to call the notes on the guitar.

I understand where you're coming from - I used to want to cheat, too. But, isn't life hard enough without calling notes by inaccurate names that don't apply? Makes it difficult to communicate. I don't mean to be a bitch, but it's either an A or an Ab. They're not interchangeable like a B#/Cb or E#/Fb. You'll never get your ear trained if you don't call things as they are, and you'll impose difficulties on those that have.

I'm just looking at things from the perspective of the fretboard. If I'm working with another guitarist and we are tuned the same and I told him to play a G on the E string I would expect him to press the E string down at the third fret. If I were working with a keyboard player I would ask him to transpose his keyboard down -1... And when I ask him to hit a c note I would expect him to hit the white key everyone knows as C.

When you watch instructional guitar videos there's always that "tune to me" segment where they go through each string one at a time. After tuning to them- be it A440, A418, or A432- they always refer to the notes as they appear on the fretboard as they go through the lesson.

If the AxeFx had the option of setting (## # 0 b bb) then those that prefer to tune to Ab could leave it at 0, and those of us who want to tune down a half step yet call it A could set it to b.

One major advantage I can see to setting things with the (## # 0 b bb) option is if you're in multiple bands where one band tunes down while the other does not... And you have presets that use the harmonizer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom