Axe FX II screen 'flickering'

Tyler B

Hey crew, Just thought i'd make a post in regard to this minor issue. Every now and then the screen on my unit flickers ever so slightly, enough to be noticed. I've had this happen on an old drum module i once used and then before i knew it the green lighting the screen emits was gone and it was really difficult to read the text on the module. Its been happening for about a month now and it hasn't gotten any worse. Like i said its only occasional when it starts to slightly flicker. Any idea what causes this? I did pay $2300 for the unit, i dont want a flickering screen haha cheers guys

ah ok cheers mate, i do have usb connected at all times. Ill just have to keep an eye on it and if it progressively gets worse ill email the guys i bought it from and will have to get it sorted.

I've seen this or something similar when USB is plugged in.

I've noticed this as well. I always have my USB connected, but I only notice the flickering when I have my DAW (Acid Pro) running. I just assumed it had something to do with the USB driver.

Does your Axe crash occasionally when USB is plugged in? There have been several reports on that. It seems that the USB driver is the culprit. I almost never use USB anymore because of that.

I read a post from Cliff somewhere on this forum stating it is 'normal' and related to USB usage. Something to do with USB communication getting highest priority from the system, if I recall correctly

Back
Top Bottom