Axe-FX II: Pink Floyd - Coming Back to Life (Intro)

Gamedojo

Power User
Started out playing around with a Hiwatt amp, then decided I wanted to try to get that super exposed tone on Coming back to life. Not exactly a tone or a song many of you would need or be interested in, but it was a fun evening.

Coming Back

Turned out Hiwatt and cab was NOT the best way. Tube Pre and no cab... I'm guessing Gilmour recorded direct to the board. Who knows.

And of course:

PATCH DOWNLOAD

Very nice. I always thought that sounded direct. Had that Niles Rodgers feel to it, that Neve pre type snap to it.

Sounds great. The Division Bell has my favorite Gilmour tones. Coming Back to Life is a particular song I have tried to base some tones off of, both the cleans and the distorted leads. I have also found that the closest match for this clean tone is no amp/cab. I am still chasing the lead tone for this song, if anyone has had any luck I would appreciate a patch. I have looked on the axechange, there are certainly some Gilmour tones but nothing focused on the Division Bell era. I am sure the axefx can get that tone, but I have not been able to dial it in yet. I have perused gilmourish.com to get a sense of the signal chain, but that has not gotten me much closer.

Gilmour is probably one of the MOST difficult players to copy IMO. He uses a LOT of unique gear and will only use it maybe ONCE on one song. Then when you combine that unique item with a dozen other unique elements its a recipe thats near impossible to replicate.

Unlike lots of famous guitar players, his gear is probably the most unique and customized.

Sounds great. The Division Bell has my favorite Gilmour tones. Coming Back to Life is a particular song I have tried to base some tones off of, both the cleans and the distorted leads. I have also found that the closest match for this clean tone is no amp/cab. I am still chasing the lead tone for this song, if anyone has had any luck I would appreciate a patch. I have looked on the axechange, there are certainly some Gilmour tones but nothing focused on the Division Bell era. I am sure the axefx can get that tone, but I have not been able to dial it in yet. I have perused gilmourish.com to get a sense of the signal chain, but that has not gotten me much closer.

Back
Top Bottom