Axe-Fx II not powering up

Rhodes

Experienced
I downloaded the newest firmware last night and shut it down before I went to bed, now it won't turn on at all!?! I've tried other outlets that I know are hot and have swapped power cables as well as disconnect everything but the AC cable from the Axe...anybody have an idea?

After sitting for about 20 minutes with the power on, the Axe just started to boot up but, shut down again before it even booted up all the way....strange

is there no indication of power at all???

tried checking fuses?? tried a different power cable?

I don't know about the Axe2 - check with the support folks - but some units have a fuse or two on the inside...

either way.... call support..

clarky-No, there is no power at all...I've tried different power cables as well as test them on other devices to make sure there is power on them. Everything checks out ok, just not powering up.

Thanks Randy, I have done exactly that. I have checked the connections inside as well as metered the power coming into the switch as well as leaving the switch. I have 118v. on both sides and checked the fuse on the power supply and it's good.I don't know what is supposed to be coming out of the power supply so, I'm kinda stumped at this point.

Last edited:
+1 on RVM's link - definitely worth a peek to check the connector hasn't unseated. Bit worrying that this happened after a firmware update though .... hopefully it's not related

EDIT: Oops ... you already checked it seems and posted while I was typing. Any response from Support to you?

Last edited:
maxdown-yes, I have checked all the connections & tested incoming voltage to the power supply. I had no issues with the firmware update...went as smooth as the previous ones, just will not turn on now for some reason?

Wonder if a duff ROM battery could be to blame - it can't be old but might just be defective? I take it there is a battery on the motherboard somewhere in there?

Yes, there is a battery but, I would think that it is there to preserve the rom memory and not really affect the power to the Axe itself. The fan has 12vdc stamped on its label and I'm gettin 0v. from the terminals it plugs into so, it's apparently losing power somewhere between the power supply and the motherboard.

I was thinking more on the lines of the unit not getting boot info from the rom .... you mentioned earlier that the Axe attempted to boot after sitting for 20 mins.

Really think it's a Support issue at this juncture. Sorry for your troubles .....

I spoke with Cliff on this matter yesterday morning. He's fairly certain it is the power supply that has failed and had nothing to do with the firmware update. He is sending me a new power supply to replace it. Super nice guy and genuinely concerned about his customers! Great response and service! I will post if the new power supply resolves my problem.

Thanks Cliff!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom