Bug? Axe FX II no longer working as soundcard after instaling FW 12 Update

Synchronicity

Inspired
Hi there, an hour or so ago I installed the Firmware 12 update onto my Axe FX II, previous to this it has been working perfectly with virtually no problems or bugs. After this I can no longer use it as a soundcard and hear audio from my PC from it, or record into ableton using it. I've tried turning it on and off as well as the computer, and then reinstalled the USB drivers but nothing has had any effect.

I will try reinstalling the firmware update shortly but if anyone has any idea as to how to solve this that would be great.

Many thanks

Alex

Maybe a driver issue? Have you tried to re-install the driver?

Working fine here - Win7/64 bit.

Hi there guys, yeah i've tried restarting the unit as well as my PC, reinstalling the USB drivers, and re-updating the firmware all with no luck, the PC still recognises the axe fx and I am able to tweak the tones in axe-edit etc, but just cannot hear anything from my PC through the axe fx, I'll try down-grading the firmware back to fw11 and see if that solves it.

Hi there guys, yeah i've tried restarting the unit as well as my PC, reinstalling the USB drivers, and re-updating the firmware all with no luck, the PC still recognises the axe fx and I am able to tweak the tones in axe-edit etc, but just cannot hear anything from my PC through the axe fx, I'll try down-grading the firmware back to fw11 and see if that solves it.

Check your output settings on the computer too. Whenever I do have an issue, for me it is related to my not changing the output settings in the USB driver of whatever program I am using (I use Reaper with Win7/64 bit).

Great thanks Scott, although I had already had the axe fx set as the audio output, so I disabled my normal audio output which normally I did not have to do with FW11 but doing this made everything function again, although I am unable to control the volume of my PC's programs seperately from the axe fx, but thats not the end of the world. Cheers guys

I too have been having issues with the Axe being recognized. Before, if I shut the axe off cubase would prompt me to change audio drivers. If I turned the Axe back on, it would automatically recognize it and everything worked fine. Now, If I turn the Axe off, I have to shut down cubase entirely and reboot it with the Axe on or I wont get any sounds through the headphones. Not sure exactly as to what changed, but I not once had this issue until I updated to V12.

Hi there Scott, after updating to the latest FW 13.01 I'm having the same problem again, but this time I have no other audio outputs or inputs enabled, and I still have no sound from the computer coming through, only pure AXE FX II.

Many thanks

Alex

Back
Top Bottom