Axe Fx II, National Anthem A's vs Giants

Jeries

Power User
So...
Here is my National Anthem performance from Saturday 3-17-12

As you can see prominently displayed is my Axe Fx II

In case you're interested here is a detail of my rig:

Guitar into the front of the Axe Fx II
The Axe Fx II had a preset called ACTIVE PICKUP METAL that I came across on the board and tweaked a little bit (More 'scooping' and front end compression and a bit more on the overdrive)
The Axe Fx II had the power amp simulation on, the cabinet simulation off and the Left output was set to L/R Summed- so it was a completely mono rig.

The Axe went into the Return 2 of the Mesa Boogie Road King- I used the RK as a power amp with all the preamp/everything coming from the Axe. I used the clean channel (with ALL TUBES ON 4-6l6'S AND 2-EL34's) and because as a preamp it is very clean, used the power amp simulation. Into my Rectifier cab with Vintage 30s.

Enjoy

There's some really cool moments in it I'm really fond of
(Probably the most dirty of all my performances- the Giants vs A's last year I probably played it the best- but that was just direct guitar into Road King and nothing else)

Very cool! So, how did you install that Sustainer in your guitar? Is that a mod you did, or got someone else to do?

The sustainer system was professional installed... (I'd recommend who did it but he's a douche and out of the business) it is a Fernandes FSK-101 Sustainer Kit, with a DiMarzio EVO2 in the bridge.

I also think I have one of the cleanest sustainer install jobs on an RG ever done....

img1526tv.jpg

Very cool! How did you get that gig?

The ACTUAL TRUTH which I've never told anyone before- about how I got booked for the Giants game... Kirk Hammett said NO- so they booked me! woohoo

I did a few games last year, Have some booked this year...
Sometimes the stadium/city is in charge of the anthem, sometimes it's someone from the actual team.

I've emailed for a few years now and always got no's, last year got some 'yeses' hired my own videographer for some of the games, posted them on youtube...

this year sent the teams last years videos and also got approached a few times to play.

I have another game Friday being filmed will have that up soon.

The games are very different, sometimes its a breeze, sometimes its hectic. Sometimes I hang out with the players in the dugout, sometimes I don't talk to/meet any of them.

I would say the most interesting fact- is the person throwing out the first pitch is always freaking out/nervous and I'm always cool/fine/not nervous at all about it.

I would say the most interesting fact- is the person throwing out the first pitch is always freaking out/nervous and I'm always cool/fine/not nervous at all about it.

I agree, I really liked your aura. You are so safe out there, as if you are alone, but then again you are very present and there.

You're that kind of guy one wants to give a hug at first sight because you seem so nice :)

You need to get one of these!

batguitarframed1.jpg

which stadium was this game at? i will be going to a a's vs gaints game this summer in june at oakland. Hopefully you are playing would love to hear it in person.

which stadium was this game at? i will be going to a a's vs gaints game this summer in june at oakland. Hopefully you are playing would love to hear it in person.

If you haven't been to AT&T park, you should really try to catch a Giants game there as well - it's a GREAT ballpark.

Mike

I will! I really will...
The giants and I are totally cool- they're the only team/stadium that doesn't hate my guts right now.

...maybe I'll play it up there sometime. (and can hit up Mesa Boogie to borrow some gear so I don't have to bring it)

Back
Top Bottom