Axe FX II Metallica Black Album ADA-MP1 and Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+

Dimebucker

Experienced
Greedings

I was record quick test ,its kind of Metallica Black Album tone. I was use there two amps this time ,there was ADA MP-1 and Mesa Boogie Mark IIC+. Both of those Mesa and ADA ,are Live Tone Matched to original real sources. And i was use some Filters and PEQ also there a lot ,and TM block also whit Black album original source. Quick test is below here!

Update
Preset are here below!

Attachments

• Metallica Black Album L.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Metallica Black Album R.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Metallica Black Album2 L.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Metallica Black Album2 R.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 50
  • MB Trad 4x12 V30 57 04.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 57
  • ThroughtNever.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Thanks again sure i share ,i will get Axe back to home today or at least tomorrow. I then check what presets i was use and share those ,i will throw those presets in this thread.

Thanks to you for producing very cool tone matches.
I would be happy too if you share presets...

Here is some instructions for those presets ,there is two cabs those cabs are named MB Trad 4x12 V30 57 04.syx and Throughtnever.syx. Both of those cabs are Live Tone Matched files for real amps ,i was put those in cab format because we do not have three TM blocks in Axe FX II. When you put those presets in your Axe FX II ,after that you need to put those two Cab blocks all of those presets also.

Here is some photos where you can see ,where those two cabs need to be. Both amps have own Cab there ,you need put right Cab files in right place.

Attachments

• 1kuva.jpg
    1kuva.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 2kuva.jpg
    2kuva.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 60
really cool but holy crappola on all those filters peq, couldnt those simply have been included in the tonematch? , which is basically an eq already?

Yes there is some EQ:s and Filters fine tuning tone ,yes and no regular TMs album tones is little bit tricky sometimes. I have notice there two ways to do TMs ,one is shoot about 50 different TMs for certain album tones and compare those to original source. Or second way to shoot only few tones ,and tweaking those versions close to original source.

And if you do not know exactly signal chain settings and all those post EQ:s ,what have been used in original recording process. It will go then little bit tricky ,and if you know then its more easy to get right away good results. Metallica Black album notes are so heavily protected ,i have not hear ever nothing info for that certain album recording sessions. That why challenge was little bit tricky ,and i was need to use heavily EQ:s and Filters.

really cool but holy crappola on all those filters peq, couldnt those simply have been included in the tonematch? , which is basically an eq already?

Metallica Black album notes are so heavily protected ,i have not hear ever nothing info for that certain album recording sessions.

Hey Man I have a Guitar World 1991 issue with an interview on it the topic;

Here are scans in PDF for I made for you;
Guitar World 1991 Metallica Interview

James is only using his Mesa/Boogie simul-class Mark II.

Kirk stated he used 2 marshalls in conjunction with a bradshaw preamp , a VHT poweramp and 30 watt celestions. One of the marshalls was a purple 100 watt super lead and the other was a 50 watt. Apparently the Marshalls were only for the high end while the bradshaw/VHT did the lows and mids.

Kirk also says he used a late 60's vox Wah, which was rumored to have been used by Jimi Hendrix.

Thanks so much for that scan ,yeah i have read all those interviews what is in the web. But recording process info and all settings are hard to find ,we can only guess what there did happened. That info is what i was mean to heavily protected ,maybe someday those info:s will come our ears. Like Flemming Rasmussen and Michael Wagener did open those sessions for us ,to know what there was exactly happening.

But very nice to have that scan thanks ,i will read that article i have only read those info:s in the web.

Hey Man I have a Guitar World 1991 issue with an interview on it the topic;

Here are scans in PDF for I made for you;
Guitar World 1991 Metallica Interview

James is only using his Mesa/Boogie simul-class Mark II.

Kirk stated he used 2 marshalls in conjunction with a bradshaw preamp , a VHT poweramp and 30 watt celestions. One of the marshalls was a purple 100 watt super lead and the other was a 50 watt. Apparently the Marshalls were only for the high end while the bradshaw/VHT did the lows and mids.

Kirk also says he used a late 60's vox Wah, which was rumored to have been used by Jimi Hendrix.

Thanks so much for that scan ,yeah i have read all those interviews what is in the web. But recording process info and all settings are hard to find ,we can only guess what there did happened. That info is what i was mean to heavily protected ,maybe someday those info:s will come our ears. Like Flemming Rasmussen and Michael Wagener did open those sessions for us ,to know what there was exactly happening.

But very nice to have that scan thanks ,i will read that article i have only read those info:s in the web.

No prob. just sharing what I have. I personally wouldn't get too hung up about using exactly what they used. What you've got so far sounds great. :)

Back
Top Bottom