Axe-Fx II live newbie: looking for a GREAT (stock) IRs/CABs for hair/'80s metal

Eric T Amble

Inspired
Howdy ever'body!

So I'm migrating my Axe-Fx II (Mark II, FW 17.04) into my live setup.

Here's my question:

If I want to send a _truly great_ rock 'n' roll stereo signal to the FOH, that will blow minds and sit excellently in the FOH mix (without regard to whether it has an "amp in the room" sound or not), with minimal intervention from the sound guy, what (combination of) stock cab(s)—or free IR samples that come with the firmware—have you found?
I would like to make a global CAB out of this, and have it for every preset.

Here's the parameters:
• '80s metal cover band: lead vocal, BG vocals, drums, keyboard, bass... and one guitar: me
• amps vary by song, but are typically JCM 800s or Plexis/HBEs
• only stock IRs or free samples! I don't have any more money to spend.
• I would most prefer suggestions that have been live-tested, in similar arrangements, in smallish clubs (i.e., about 200 people) - so low and hi cuts, .006-ms delays on one side, etc., are perfectly cool
• for the moment, I'd monitor on stage with a real guitar amp (in the effects return), but I want to move to an Atomic CLR.

Thanks a ton! Any help would be greatly appreciated; our band's getting a lot of gigs now, and I want people to freaking die from the tone!

Eric

Own hammer free bee's Not sure the Ir full names but the v 30 mix and 75 mix. that come stock in the xl. also clarks gift ir's, clarks no dollar ir's. alsoe any of the factory UR IR's. but you will have to figure out which ones on your own because your set up will not be the same as any one elses. the axe fx is very sensitive and different guitars and playing all greatly effect it. you will even see in this forum, users looking for ways to make it sound the same when the switch from 1 guitar to another. good luck

stereo ultra res cab block:

UR samples: OH_412_MAR-CB_M-SB-75_Studio-Modern.syx, OH_412_MAR-CB_V30-CH_Studio-Modern.syx panned to taste

Factory: Clark's factory 4x12 CK USA panned to taste (F073 F074 on a Mk I FW 17.04)

stereo ultra res cab block:

UR samples: OH_412_MAR-CB_M-SB-75_Studio-Modern.syx, OH_412_MAR-CB_V30-CH_Studio-Modern.syx panned to taste

Factory: Clark's factory 4x12 CK USA panned to taste (F073 F074 on a Mk I FW 17.04)
yes those are the freebies I didn't no the name for. I have axe xl and did not know if those were in the mark. those are all great.

Back
Top Bottom