Axe FX II Latency

Ironwill

Experienced
hello, I have a question, I do Reamp with my Axe FX II over Interface XLR- Axe-AES -Interface , I get latency of 0.99ms on the reamped track which I compansate with Pro Tools HW Insert delay, that works fine. Do latency from the Axe FX change with different Presets,different blocks/effects/parameters used,like reduce or increase latency to the Unit internal?

Will try it out when i find time the next days back on my unit, but iam interested if someone of you noticed any differences between Presets and latenc,

Never noticed this to the be case, at least with normal CPU usage. Maybe if you were at 97% or something it could take a toll, but then you'd likely have other issues too

There could perhaps be slight differences, but its just not going to be possible to perceive .99 vs 1.06ms changes, so again, maybe they are there, but I've never notice any given patch/chain/block causing any differences

Thanks guys, With PT HW delay It s so nice, sometimes use a mic-Preamp between so USB is no option anymore for me, having a external HD interface as well now. I was just interested if some internal things can create more latency in some case.

So I ran into the same problem today. Latency when using the axe fx as audio interface, then I switched to axe fx out to my Profire 2626 interface and no latency. I am really sad about this because this is why I upgraded from the Ultra to the axe 2. Today is my first day with it and the latency is terrible.

your speakers must be plugged into the Axe to hear it in real-time with no latency.

if your speakers were plugged into the Profire 2626, that's why you heard no latency, because the axe was a strict analog device at that point.

I am using headphones. And yes the headphones are plugged into the axe fx. Does using the headphone jack cause latency?

I am using headphones. And yes the headphones are plugged into the axe fx. Does using the headphone jack cause latency?

The jack itself: no. And the overall latency of the processing is neglible. Check your routing.

When i am recording di from the axe 2 as an ai i hear two sounds. One is the on time guitar sound im playing, and the other is the same but with slight latency. The one being recorded is the one with latency.
What did u mean by "check my routing"?
using pro tools 10.
i am using headphones via the "phones" jack of the axe 2

Last edited:
Have you enabled any software playthrough option or monitoring in your DAW?

In case you use USB to record, make sure to mute the track you are currently recording. The Axe will blend the raw preset sound with the DAW output to kill latency issues.

also I am new to the whole "using axe as an AI" so please understand this is new to me. I never experienced latency issues before with my Profire 2626 so I never learned how to deal with latency problems.

Have you enabled any software playthrough option or monitoring in your DAW?

In case you use USB to record, make sure to mute the track you are currently recording. The Axe will blend the raw preset sound with the DAW output to kill latency issues.
OHHHHH!!!! I think you just solved the puzzle my friend. I'm gonna try it out right now. I was in fact NOT muting the track.

Yes, mute the track or disable "software monitoring" in the DAW.

Everyone who helped me out.....THANK YOU SO MUCH! Muting the track in pro tools did the trick perfectly. Btw Yek, I got a bunch of your presets, looking forward to plowing through them now that my recording issue is fixed. Quite a day 1 with the axe fx 2. I'm a happy camper. Once again, thank you all so much.

Back
Top Bottom