AXE FX II-----JIMI HENDRIX influenced TONE!

axecellent

Inspired

what a combination!
AXE FX 2
two QSC K12's
Marshall JVM410H JS Joe satriani amp
Fender custom shop limited edition '69 stratocaster Heavy Relic ( 1 of 30 ) produced...reverse headstock..ala Jimi Hendrix

Thought I'd share with you guys...I'm digging these tones with the AXE FX 2... cheers

Absolutely fantastic tone! (your smile gives it away :)
Care to share Jimi preset or signal path regarding Axe, QSCs and Marshall?
Well deserved KUDOS axeman... Cheers back!

Thanks for the vid. Amazing tone, nice playing, cool feeling 8)
We count on you to share your presets.

Last edited:
Awesome!! I love those times when something really clicks while playing, and that smile comes out.

Btw, if you listen to some really old Johnny Winter stuff, that tone is very much his as well.

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate that.....nothing done on my part... just the standard built in preset #8 in the new axe fx 2....turned on the phaser...thats about it...preset delay, preset reverb...etc.

I'm running the axe thru 2 QSC K12's and also at the same time running the marshall separately on channel 2 red via a Lehle Dual amp switcher (ABY box)....marshall is DRY with no effects...

other than that its just the stratocaster ( the most beautiful sounding strat I've ever owned and played) I consider myself to have found it after all these years of playing strats I found the one built for me.... cheers!

...other than that its just the stratocaster ( the most beautiful sounding strat I've ever owned and played) I consider myself to have found it after all these years of playing strats I found the one built for me.... cheers!

Don't you love that! I was so lucky when i found the perfect American Standard Strat 12 years ago. I just recently changed out the pickups, but man, it plays so well. It's get a full setup this weekend, so I haven't had the chance to play it through the Axe Fx 2 yet. Stoked to try it!

nothing done on my part... just the standard built in preset #8 in the new axe fx 2....turned on the phaser...thats about it...preset delay, preset reverb...etc.
Well, I tried to do the same but didn't obtain the same result. Might be due to my Strat - an American Deluxe with SCN pickups (i.e. not really warm sounding pickups). By itself, the guitar is a dream to play but it deserves a better set of pups.

Last edited:
What an ass-kicking performance! The combo of the Axe through some good active speakers along with the Marshall made for great tone. The guitar is one insane piece of kit, as I saw advertised on Sweetwater's site with a reference page only and "sold out" message along with a $4,700 price tag to remember it by!

This isn't a pure Axe Fx tone. He is running the Axe Fx through a Marshall or both together. There is no preset.

That being said, you should try the "FenderPush" preset on the AxeChange.

Back
Top Bottom