Axe-Fx II fw14 Released!

For those who can not read (like me), find someone who can: In the release notes: Added Global Noisegate Offset parameter. This parameter allows offsetting the Noisegate threshold for all presets. This can be used to increase or decrease the threshold to compensate for varying interference levels. Note that if the Threshold parameter in the preset is set to “Off” the Global Offset will have no effect. NOTE: This parameter will default to -40 dB after installation of the firmware. BE SURE TO SET TO THE DESIRED VALUE. The default value is 0 dB and is set to that upon System Reset. 14 is a great present. Thank you Mr. Cliff and all involved.

Hi, did everyone reset their Presets on the AXE FX ll under the Utility Menu? I downloaded V14 and thought it sounded off, so I reset my Presets and Holy S*** Balls !!!!!

YES i DID reset all presets, because I had some weird small noise like crackling... and after resetting:GREAT FW14 !!

The sign of a great product. Every time I turn it on and up I go WOW! And it just keeps getting better. Thanks FAS!

Gig report: Venue wasn't that busy so I could concentrate on listening.

Feel and highs were both improved last night, and dynamics are more powerful. Great stuff! New cabs are hit and miss if you don't test them inside a mix, but it's awesome to have more UR cab mojo to choose from.

New FW, new cabs, and CabLab 2.0. Great times for all FA users. Thanks a million FA!

I'm sorry for being a pain but can someone PLEASE help me with this "reset your presets" thing. Every time we get a new firmware there seems to be an issue. Thanks for your time.

Mj

At first I thought I hated this update. Everything was way too bright and noisy as hell.

Re-downloaded the firmware and re-flashed. Sounds much better. Had to set Global noisegate offset to zero.

Sounding pretty good now.

V14 just didn't work for me. The mid & hi gain sounds were great but 2/3rds of my presets are clean (crystal clean, not just kinda clean) & most of them just didn't sound right. It was as if the mids were sucked out & all that was left was a woofy low end & plunky high end. I did the instal twice, updated all presets & tweaked away with no luck. Also a number of the Fender sims distort way too easily again. (59 Bassman, Deluxe, Superverb) I just rolled back to 13.07 & reinstalled my presets & it sounds great again. Anyone else notice this? I appreciate all of Cliff's & Fractal's work in trying to improve the Axe but this one just didn't work for me.

V14 just didn't work for me. The mid & hi gain sounds were great but 2/3rds of my presets are clean (crystal clean, not just kinda clean) & most of them just didn't sound right. It was as if the mids were sucked out & all that was left was a woofy low end & plunky high end. I did the instal twice, updated all presets & tweaked away with no luck. Also a number of the Fender sims distort way too easily again. (59 Bassman, Deluxe, Superverb) I just rolled back to 13.07 & reinstalled my presets & it sounds great again. Anyone else notice this? I appreciate all of Cliff's & Fractal's work in trying to improve the Axe but this one just didn't work for me.

Hmm... I have only spent a short time with 14. Just testing new URes IRs with one preset. While doing so that almost clean preset (Vibroverb) distorts more (not in a nice way) with 14 then with 13.nn. The only thing I have done is 'Update All Presets' and set the noise gate to zero.

The other thing you mention
It was as if the mids were sucked out & all that was left was a woofy low end & plunky high end.
I didn't experience on that particular preset. Just more distorsion.

It feels like the clean presets I have are distorting earlier, too. My AST seems to have a lot more gain than it did before for the gain setting (I have it on 3).

Hi, did everyone reset their Presets on the AXE FX ll under the Utility Menu? I downloaded V14 and thought it sounded off, so I reset my Presets and Holy S*** Balls !!!!!
This paragraph ha me confused. Are you talking about the Update All Presets command on the Presets page in the Utilities Menu?

Is there any way in the future to add a feature in axe edit in the user cab section to where if a particular user cab is being used in a preset that maybe is shows up in bold or something. I know I should keep a log of which ones are being used but I haven't been and now I've purchased two hi res cab packs and all my user spaces are full but not all are being used so I don't know which ones are avail. Basically just asking if that's possible. Also how about a kind of auto manual within axe edit to where if you scroll over a parameter name a drop box appears that will give you the description of that particular parameter I posted this before in the axe edit section but not many views and no responses.

Thanks for the fw14. Can't wait to load it.

Back
Top Bottom