Axe Fx II - FW11 beta - Van Halen cover

JeffMN

man, I loaded up FW11 beta and used the supplied preset from Cliff, and WOW. I found some VH mogg files and loaded up 'Runnin with the Devil' and was playing for literally HOURS... that and a couple of other tunes. fun playing with the actual tracks of bands that you grew up idolizing. :)

seriously, mind blowing. every time I plug it in at a gig, or recording with it... I fall in love with it all over again. and I haven't even really explored much of the FX flexibility of it yet, either!!

I did the same thing ALL day saturday with Cliff's VH fw11 patch. I used riffstation to filter Ed out and had a lot of fun. Initially I was trying to record it to post it here but I couldn't figure out how to import the riffstation clips into garageband. Awesome clip dude!

Hallo JeffMN!

Where did you find those mogg files?

mogg files can be found in many places. personally, I am on usenet and I find them there. there are plenty available from all the rockband / guitar hero games around. good thing Van Halen had a version of guitar hero!!

I see where Cliff posted the VH patch URL, but without the Axe-Change "download" button and just hitting the link, it opens up a page of code (I'm on a Mac). Excuse the pedestrian question, but how do you upload the patch from a URL? Thanks in advance for the replies!

I see where Cliff posted the VH patch URL, but without the Axe-Change "download" button and just hitting the link, it opens up a page of code (I'm on a Mac). Excuse the pedestrian question, but how do you upload the patch from a URL? Thanks in advance for the replies!

Right-click the link and save the file to your desktop.

I use a Mac too - what browser are you using? if you have a right mouse button, you can right click... otherwise, Ctrl-click the link.

I saw your clip just now .. I made a demo of the same song haha .. when playing those chords you get INSTANT VH mojo.
I still play the preset for hours on end .. your clip sounded great btw !!
Just made a live preset with 5 scenes .. adding Flanger, Phaser, Delay, Solo-boost on the various scenes.

Back
Top Bottom