Axe-Fx II FW v13.07 Released!

It got to the point where I initially thought my crashes were due to a corrupt preset(s) with help troubleshooting from Fractal support but it started bricking again with fresh reloads of factory presets only. I was back to square one. I have since been using my old midi tool, (Bome's SendSX) rather than Fractal Bot and all is well thus far after three updates with repeated FW loadings for shits and giggles to check for that particular stability. It is a bit perplexing as I have used Fractal Bot and Midi Ox having crashes while loading FW.

Hmmm.I'm really hesitant to do any more upgrades until the new Cab-lab is released.
13.02 sounds great to me, I'd hate to load a FW and kill my unit for really .....no reason (I can live without a 'bright" knob)

Just to give you an update, I was able to stop in at Fractal in person today and picked up the Boot ROM. Someone there showed me what to do and I'm now back up and running. I did have a little trouble at first, but eventually got it to work.

There are 17 crashes in each EPROM. :)

I, guess I missed the memo on the EPROM being resusable when I went to make my purchase(just in case)... I've owned my unit going on 2 years this May and never a problem.

...so, I'm set for the next 34 crashes(just in case)... Glad it was only 5 bucks! :shock

Good thing to be able to switch tubes in the different poweramps, but to be honest, I don't hear any difference - anyone?

Good thing to be able to switch tubes in the different poweramps, but to be honest, I don't hear any difference - anyone?
Wen you change tubes in an amp, it's not the tubes themselves that change the tone, it's the fact that the tubes no longer match the circuit they were designed for. This mismatch sometimes produces pleasing results.

When you change tubes in the Axe-Fx, the virtual "circuit" is changed to match the tube. That makes the difference very subtle. To make a difference, you have to also recreate the mismatch. The XFRMR Match parameter can help a lot here. This is covered in other threads.

Hmmm.I'm really hesitant to do any more upgrades until the new Cab-lab is released.
13.02 sounds great to me, I'd hate to load a FW and kill my unit for really .....no reason (I can live without a 'bright" knob)

Im in the same place my self.
Want to upgrade but afraid to crash the unit and 13.02 sounds soooooo good.

Im in the same place my self.
Want to upgrade but afraid to crash the unit and 13.02 sounds soooooo good.

I think Kmanick is just gun-shy. I actually did something I wasn't supposed to, and while my Axe did behave weirdly for a little while, mainly on boot-up, it hasn't done it for a few FW. I think you're safe.

oh I am gun shy :) whenever I see posts like these .....if I'm not longing for anything in newer firmware , I just hold off.
I'm sure the new Bright control is quite useful, but it's not like my patches suck without it...so I can wait.

Back
Top Bottom