Axe FX II diagram on P-197 of the manual - USB?

plyall

Power User
Axe layout.jpg

Folks -

Can someone tell me what the function on the lower INPUT SOURCE switch is? It appears that regardless of the position of the upper half of the INPUT SOURCE switch, that USB Audio is delivered to the D/A converter - is this correct? If so, what is the intended use?

Thanks!

A guess:

You can use the Axe as an output device (on a MAC), so you can play songs through your monitors hooked up to it. ITunes, etc. And play along with the song.

R

The diagram is showing that when Main Input Source = USB, the grid becomes the only path for USB audio to reach Out 1. The arrows in those 2 rectangles move in tandem; when they're on the 2nd position the lower one is a dead end indicating no path directly to Out 1.

Nope - at least not as I read the schematic. The lower USB path is ALWAYS routed to the D/A, regardless of the switch's position. If you'll look again, the lower path - as depicted - is never dead. All positions (in the lower switch) route to D/A converter.

EDIT: JUST saw the gap. I saw the three way tie after the switch and thought that all three positions were tied. Duh! USB goes nowhere via the lower switch when USB mode is selected.

Conversely it appears that USB audio is passed directly to the D/A in either the analog or SPDIF select mode, which makes for great soundcard use along with jamming or reamping.

Good catch!

Last edited:
The middle dot is a dead end; it has no horizontal line leading to the dot just outside & to the right of that lower rectangle.

Thanks Bakerman - as you'll see in the edit to the previous post, I managed to focus my one squinty eye and see the gap. Good eye!

Back
Top Bottom