Axe-Fx II Death Metal Recording #2

A cover of the first part of Necrophagist's "Stabwound" from their 2004 album "Epitaph", check them out at Necrophagist | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos. Some parts may be a bit off, and I didn't feel like studying on the bass parts so I left those out :)

Again this isn't my work, just a quick recording I made this morning to try out some settings of the Axe-Fx II.

I used an Ibanez Xiphos XPT707, the Das Metall amp sim from the Axe-Fx II and two stock cabinets, the 4x12 Metal with a SM57 mic and an Ownhammer 4x12 Recto with a RE16 DYN mic.

The original song can be checked out here: ‪Necrophagist- Stabwound‬‏ - YouTube

View attachment Diezel Dual Cab.syx

Last edited:
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyes, that is the f***in best, duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude you are mohammed, can you upload a patch? You can try my englmydengl patch already uploaded!

That is awesome dude!!!!!!!!! Tight playing!! The tone for the second riff in the intro at 0:10 sounds amazing. I play a lot of Necrophagist so this clip has
assured me I'm making a good choice getting an Axe II. What pickups are in your Xiphos?

That is awesome dude!!!!!!!!! Tight playing!! The tone for the second riff in the intro at 0:10 sounds amazing. I play a lot of Necrophagist so this clip has
assured me I'm making a good choice getting an Axe II. What pickups are in your Xiphos?

Thanks man, I'm using D Activator 7's, both for the bridge and neck, they're stock pickups, I didnt feel the need to replace them, I used EMG's before but I like the D Activator tone better

You're so metal you played in a tuning higher than necrophagist and still made it win :D

haha thanks man, Necrophagist did this album on a 6 string with drop tuning to D if I'm correct, I play a 7 string in B and don't really like going down to A. So I played it a full step higher. The preset I used here was the first one I made and is way too bassy imho, my current one is a lot drier and more suited to recording death metal.

Good to see that there are some death metal fans on this forum btw :)

This woke my @ss up ....awesome! I was dozing after my Monday morning staff meeting. YES!:twisted

you're welcome :)

I bought the Axe-Fx II to be able to do my own reamping on our upcoming album and have full control over my sound and so far I'm loving everything the II has to offer :) It's a shame that the more extreme metal stuff doesn't get as much attention, but the hi-gain models in the II make it a dream come true for everyone interested in creating a brutal sound.

I dislike death metal .... but I enjoyed that, especially the last part with the killer walk up. That's about as extreme of a compliment I can serve up... :) Serious talent on display there. What upcoming album do you refer to here?

Thanks :) Extreme compliments for extreme music, reminds me of something Carl Sagan said a while back. I was referring to the upcoming album of something I've been working on the last 10 months. As yet unnamed, and currently recording drums and finishing the last of the songs. Bass and guitar recorded using the Axe II, when it's done I'll post some clips here for those interested.

haha thanks man, Necrophagist did this album on a 6 string with drop tuning to D if I'm correct, I play a 7 string in B and don't really like going down to A. So I played it a full step higher. The preset I used here was the first one I made and is way too bassy imho, my current one is a lot drier and more suited to recording death metal.

Good to see that there are some death metal fans on this forum btw :)
yep I think they do a drop D or something. They originally played in like F (yes tuned higher than E standard :shock I know) for their demo in 1995 of Foul Body Autopsy and Fermented Offal Discharge. They're the only guys who can tune higher and still sound metal. Yes, DEATH METAL FANS WILL ALWAYS LURK IN EVERY FORUM. :D

Also when you have time, do Fermented Offal Discharge's solo next :D or all of Foul Body Autopsy. It melts my face every time. I also saw a guy play DDR or something like it to Foul Body Autopsy on Youtube. I think he can professionally tap dance :lol

Also when you have time, do Fermented Offal Discharge's solo next :D or all of Foul Body Autopsy. It melts my face every time. I also saw a guy play DDR or something like it to Foul Body Autopsy on Youtube. I think he can professionally tap dance :lol

When I'm going to record my leads I will post my lead preset and see how long it takes to play the fermented offal discharge lead somewhat acceptibly. Probably ages so I don't know if that's gonna happen lol

yep I think they do a drop D or something. They originally played in like F (yes tuned higher than E standard :shock I know) for their demo in 1995 of Foul Body Autopsy and Fermented Offal Discharge. They're the only guys who can tune higher and still sound metal.

not sure where you got that info dude but every Necrophagist song has been in DGCFAD tuning, until most recent they started using 7s in ADGCFAD

sounds good DMM

Back
Top Bottom