Axe FX II DA Converters

Rotaholic

Inspired
Just wondering if anyone knew or has compared the converters in the Axe to other High End DA converters. Im thinking of selling my Lavry DA10 to help fund my axe but I dont know if the converters will cut it.

Anybody willing to do some testing?

Im picking theyre going to be better than your m-audio/behringer gear etc and hope they would be better than RME and Lynx etc and it would be awesome if it could hang with Lavry, Mytek, Benchmark, Prism etc

Whats your guys thoughts?

Assuming they are the same as the Gen1 boxes - "Fractal Audio Systems are also keen to point out that they take the technical sound quality of the unit very seriously. They use 24-bit Cirrus Logic converters, and their analogue front-end and output-stage circuitry employs no electrolytic capacitors in the signal path. Analog Devices op-amps are used in the analogue sections and a noise floor of better than -105 dB is quoted. " - source: Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra

The product page says that the noise floor was improved by about 10 dB from the Gen. 1 units, so I'm guessing that they're pretty solid.

Seriously, with a product at this price point, you think they would slouch on any component?

Back
Top Bottom