Axe-FX II clip - Killswitch Engage cover (Blackmachine/Bare Knuckle content)

What have I got to do to make you love me
What have I got to do to make you care
What do I do when lightning strikes me
And I wake to find that you're not there
What do I do to make you want me
What have I got to do to be heard
What do I say when it's all over
And sorry seems to be the hardest word

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORD!

t100art_elton_john.jpg

I know Nolly personally, not just as another name on a forum with a few comments passed between us. Not only is Nolly a very sincere and polite bloke, he's also very knowledgeable in not only guitar playing technique and theory, but the whole enchilada, as far as music production goes.

Nolly was right in what he said. He has invested YEARS going to uni to learn his craft at a professional level and countless more learning instruments to a phenomenal proficiency. Who else here that had a moan at him has invested as much as he has? I don't care what anyone says. Patches, presets, production techniques and methods are his intellectual property, which nobody but he has any entitlement to. The very fact that he relented and explained his patch and mixing on top of sharing his patch is a testament to what a terrific guy he really is. Not once did he retaliate at the childish and condescending comments thrown at him.

You should be ashamed of yourselves. If he really has left for good, we've lost a great asset to this forum. Can you substitute his contributions??

Thought not.

But he has a history of not sharing as well, don't leave that out of your rant. Search his posts yourself.

For all I care, he can keep them or share them; totally his call. But to give such an excuse, recant, rant, and then stomp off in a huff is merely showing is immaturity. Typical "all about me" attitude that needs to end. Actually I hope he stays and realizes that others appreciate his efforts.

But ashamed, not a chance! Enjoy yourselves!!

Oh my god.. just a big oh my god to the whole. Anyway, I would like to say that from my point of view one of the most important things in music, the way I see it, is to be

unique, to do your own thing, and to make your own music. I could do cover songs because I like them, or to honor their creator.

Be unique, find your own expression and go for it. Use your own voice to express, paint the picture with your own brush. From all of me to all of you.

Others may find that their voice lays in a cover-band trying to be as close to the original as possible. Nothing wrong with that. Peace & love, romance and flowers.

*spreads his wings and flies away.

i always love your post man

lol

Great tone Nolly! No surprise there. :) I can't believe how whiny people can be. You don't owe these guys anything.
It's not like these guys will sound anything as good as you even though they get the patch. It's just stupid that they got so angry at you for not sharing.
I started saying no a long time ago. I get 1-3 match EQ requests a day... Now please call me a douche for not doing sh*t for free. :D

What would the point be in him even sharing the preset? It sounds great in his recording, but I can guarantee that if I use it through my gear it will sound like shit and I'll have to alter the settings anyway. By that point I might as well have made it from scratch myself, and Nolly provides the information to help you learn how to do that.
Devin Townsend has posted 1 or 2 of his presets and they sound absolutely terrible to me, yet they're the exact ones used on an album that sounds amazing.

Despite that, if the file is of use to you and he doesn't want to share it then tough luck I'm afraid. This is the recording section, not the preset exchange. It's not like he went in to the exchange and then posted taunting everyone about how he had a great preset that no one could have. Its the recording section and he's posted a recording, I'm not sure what else there is to it? Any more than that is a bonus.
What makes you think you're entitled to anything just because you post on the forum and we're apparently "all in this together"? Posts like that remind me of when the Axe II was announced and everyone suddenly thought they were entitled to discounts and to jump the queue because they'd had an Ultra/been on the forum for years.

Last edited:
People's entitlement to patches is ridiculous.... stop whinging because other people can make their Axe sound better than yours.

Hey Jimmy Olsen wanna be-and the rest of you jokers. I am so tired of this. I don't care how great he may or may not be.. His crappy response when asked for the patch is what started all of this. Not that he didn't share. His, professional holier than though attitude sucked. Maybe he is the greatest guy in the world.
In that thread he "IS NOT". Get it? Understand? Duh??????? Now you can nominate himm for president, send him all your money and your first born and have at it. Whine is right. So stop whining. Nobody shot the guy. Nobody cursed or yelled at him. Whiners all of you.
Am I mad. Yes-let it rest, just make him king and be done with this thread.
YES, I have worked as hard at what I do, for 40 years-so don't throw your idol crap in my face.

I would not have posted again if I were you. It just looks like more whining.

But he has a history of not sharing as well, don't leave that out of your rant. Search his posts yourself.

For all I care, he can keep them or share them; totally his call. But to give such an excuse, recant, rant, and then stomp off in a huff is merely showing is immaturity. Typical "all about me" attitude that needs to end. Actually I hope he stays and realizes that others appreciate his efforts.

But ashamed, not a chance! Enjoy yourselves!!

He's immature? You're the one whining like a little child about him not sharing the patch and being condescending, rude and insulting towards him about it. So what if he doesn't like to share some of his patches. You say it's fine that he doesn't but keep coming back to point it out. What is it now?

As a direct rebuttal to your "Search his posts" comment, you do the same and then come back with all the posts where he has helped people in a far more important manner than just sharing some patch. Then go find the posts where he has actually share the patches too.

great as always nolly! The drums sound pretty badass, is that SSD 4?

EDIT: Me stupid. Didnt read that you told us the drumsamples in your initial post :)

It's a shame that Nolly won't be posting here.Seriously what is it with some people out here on the forum. It would have been great to communicate with Nolly,but sadly it won't happen. Thanks to a bunch of judgmental folks out here. First off it's his choice if he wants to share a patch,there is no rule out here that you "HAVE" to share a preset with anyone. If someone does share it with you be grateful and if someone dosen't,then go and tweak things with your own knowledge. You'll actually learn more that way rather than just playing with other people's presets. It's cool a lot of times but I guess the best way to get around the Axe Fx machines,is doing things on your own. There are tons of ways to get certain tones and it's interesting when you put yourself in to creating something. Besides that giving out statements here like "There are many guitar players better than you who share presets" certainly doesn't put you on a pedestal of awesomeness. Even then Nolly decided to share the patch and gave an explanation as to how he approached it. Honestly I found that a lot more interesting because now I can create such a cool rhythm patch on my own and add my own embellishments,that's way more fruitful.

For the record Nolly plays in a professional recording/touring band "Red Seas Fire" and is wonderful when it comes to production/mixing/mastering. The man is currently working with Periphery on their new album,he is a big part of their new album's recording/production. So seriously show a little respect. Besides that have respect in general for people,just because someone doesn't share something with you doesn't mean you are entitled to bash that person.

Cheers.

It's a shame that Nolly won't be posting here.Seriously what is it with some people out here on the forum. It would have been great to communicate with Nolly,but sadly it won't happen. Thanks to a bunch of judgmental folks out here. First off it's his choice if he wants to share a patch,there is no rule out here that you "HAVE" to share a preset with anyone. If someone does share it with you be grateful and if someone dosen't,then go and tweak things with your own knowledge. You'll actually learn more that way rather than just playing with other people's presets. It's cool a lot of times but I guess the best way to get around the Axe Fx machines,is doing things on your own. There are tons of ways to get certain tones and it's interesting when you put yourself in to creating something. Besides that giving out statements here like "There are many guitar players better than you who share presets" certainly doesn't put you on a pedestal of awesomeness. Even then Nolly decided to share the patch and gave an explanation as to how he approached it. Honestly I found that a lot more interesting because now I can create such a cool rhythm patch on my own and add my own embellishments,that's way more fruitful.

For the record Nolly plays in a professional recording/touring band "Red Seas Fire" and is wonderful when it comes to production/mixing/mastering. The man is currently working with Periphery on their new album,he is a big part of their new album's recording/production. So seriously show a little respect. Besides that have respect in general for people,just because someone doesn't share something with you doesn't mean you are entitled to bash that person.

Cheers.

In my world you earn respect. Many have posted how bad he was treated. Have you read the threads? Nothing was terrible, nobody died- no limbs were torn off. Not one explosive device was triggered. If he is the person you say he is, then he will be back here. Excuse me if he cannot except a bit of criticism-wrong or right. I know I shouldn't have posted in this thread again, but you guys need to get a grip also. So many folks say he's a great guy, well that's cool. He's welcome here obviously, and I have no doubt "I" will avoid his threads completely, so what's to stay away from?
We are all adults. I think? Let's act like it- abit of harmless disagreement-really? I guess we'll see, won't we and Please read the terrible, terrible threads. Not.

There are many great guitar players here, probably some quite a bit better than you

This is the "attack" people are referring too. You also called him insecure and selfish.

I doubt there are a lot of other "talented" users on here who have a signature series produced by Vik guitars. Nolly's is also very helpful and gracious. Get to know him, and you'll understand that.

Maybe consider taking the entitlement complex down a notch next time.

I don't share my patches either. I do ask questions of forumites and try to gain their knowledge and work it into my patches. I have never had to share my results nor has the person felt I owed them something. Really you could say that posting a clip and getting the resaponses to the post is the same as getting a tip to use in your patch. Its all relative. Nolly did ask you guys for money he just said he doesn't want to share it. Do you share your Axe Fx 2 with your buddies? No. Probably because you know they wont repay you for your kindness. Nolly shared after you bitched and you are still bitching. Care to share a patch at least?

This is the "attack" people are referring too. You also called him insecure and selfish.

I doubt there are a lot of other "talented" users on here who have a signature series produced by Vik guitars. Nolly's is also very helpful and gracious. Get to know him, and you'll understand that.

Maybe consider taking the entitlement complex down a notch next time.

OK-I think I was worse but I still do not understand why this is SO TERRIBLE? Is it terrible because he is a star to you guys? I mean that, that's not sarcastic. I see some argument, some not so kind phrases, but nothing to the extent you people are raving about. Where do you people live? In my world it's all part of life and this certainly is MILD. I sincerely do not understand. Doyou even realize what you are making him sound like? So, if Clapton came here and I said "there are many great guitar players here, some even better than you" I would have to believe he would say "Cool" You guys just don't get it. Stop defending something that does not need to be defended. OK he does not have to share his presets. No one HAS to. Get over it already. But I also don't have to hear the "keep for professional" bullS@#* either. I cannot speak for the rest, but that is what bothered me. I guess I need to remember how many children are on this forum.

djrama........

when you say 'keep contributing', do you mean just posting clips with little other input?
I think the entitlement can swing both ways...I often see people use forums just to pan there wares and nothing more than that ....unfortunately fanboys can't have an objective view on stuff like this

I doubt the thread would be this long if there wasn't 2 sides to the story ....

over n out......

In my world you earn respect. Many have posted how bad he was treated. Have you read the threads? Nothing was terrible, nobody died- no limbs were torn off. Not one explosive device was triggered. If he is the person you say he is, then he will be back here. Excuse me if he cannot except a bit of criticism-wrong or right. I know I shouldn't have posted in this thread again, but you guys need to get a grip also. So many folks say he's a great guy, well that's cool. He's welcome here obviously, and I have no doubt "I" will avoid his threads completely, so what's to stay away from?
We are all adults. I think? Let's act like it- abit of harmless disagreement-really? I guess we'll see, won't we and Please read the terrible, terrible threads. Not.

All I am really saying is that this thread shouldn't have ended up with comments like he is insecure or there are many better guitarists than him. No one is perfect we know that,but such words are not needed nor are they encouraging. Calling a bunch of us childish doesn't help in being mature either. Anyhow man peace to you I got no beef with you man,I guess we have to agree to disagree.

Take care.

All I am really saying is that this thread shouldn't have ended up with comments like he is insecure or there are many better guitarists than him. No one is perfect we know that,but such words are not needed nor are they encouraging. Calling a bunch of us childish doesn't help in being mature either. Anyhow man peace to you I got no beef with you man,I guess we have to agree to disagree.

Take care.

No harm here either-Live Long and Prosper and that is a sacred statement to this old Trekkie and not used lightly.
Be Well

Back
Top Bottom