Axe-Fx II: Blue On Black - Kenny Wayne Shepherd

Gamedojo

Power User
loved this tune ever since first hearing it when I was 15... Its amazing to think how young KWS was when he recorded it.

(Sorry..didn't sinc the first acoustic part with the video very well...)

And of Course

PATCH DOWNLOAD

First patch is acoustic part and second patch is the univibe part on scene 1 and lead part is scene 2.

Enjoy...

Awesome tone. Very close to the original. Def gonna download this to jam with this weekend! Thanks for the patch and nice playing!

Maybe he did, I just recalled reading something about his using the Chicago Iron one, which I ended up buying, but don't know if it was worth the $300 some price tag (surely only has gone up)

I like the Octavia as well, along with the Axis fuzz, and the space ship design just was quite cool looking, but the RM Octavia never sounded thick enough to me (Dunlop did a pretty good clone with the wedge shaped Hendrix one btw) while the Chicago Iron just felt like it had so much more body to the effect.

Kind of one of those effects though that you can spend a ton of money on but then realize that its a pedal you use for maybe one lead a night for 20 seconds LOL

Again, nice job though and as always, thanks for sharing

Tyler - question for you.

I downloaded your presets and IR's, they sound fantastic! I especially enjoy the SRV - little wing preset! My question/problem is that almost all of your presets cause Output clipping, no problem, I just lowered some levels and it's good to go - the problem is, I think it's clipping internally as well. I tried lowering levels of some blocks but it didn't fix it. There's a fuzziness/static sound that I can't eliminate. I haven't noticed this fuzziness on any other preset that I made myself. I'm using a PRS that probably has higher output pickups than the Strat that you used, my input level is set at noon.

How can I troubleshoot this?

Yeah...I'm very sorry, I really need to clarify this when sharing presets:

My Master level control on the AxeFx master I/O is put to the minimum setting. I did this because the Axefx was easily overloading the band's monitor mixer.

Tyler - question for you.

I downloaded your presets and IR's, they sound fantastic! I especially enjoy the SRV - little wing preset! My question/problem is that almost all of your presets cause Output clipping, no problem, I just lowered some levels and it's good to go - the problem is, I think it's clipping internally as well. I tried lowering levels of some blocks but it didn't fix it. There's a fuzziness/static sound that I can't eliminate. I haven't noticed this fuzziness on any other preset that I made myself. I'm using a PRS that probably has higher output pickups than the Strat that you used, my input level is set at noon.

How can I troubleshoot this?

Sounds great man! However I think KYS used something else in addition to the octavi thing in the original studio version. If you listen closely to the main solo section it sounds like he's also got a light touch of a wah pedal that was maybe ran parallel and blended very carefully. Sort of confirmed this when I saw him some years back playing in Chicago I watched him closely and when the solo kicked in he was stomping all over something while rippin through it! Your patch sounds great nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom