axe fx II and presonus studio one

allan13

Hi

I have a problem with Axe Fx II working as USB Audio Interface with Presonus Studio One DAW.
I get no Audio Signal.

With Garage Band or Ableton Live the Axe FX II works

Any Idea ?

i have a Macbook, OSX 10.6.8.

sorry for my poor english.

thanxs
allan13

Wanna take a screenshot?

Track armed and studio one set up to use the axe as the audio in/out device?

I was talking w/Big Daddy Joe about the same issue (we have the same gear: Mac, Presonus StudioLive/StudioOne, Axe-II) and stayed up late last night and managed to get the MAC Aggregate Audio setup Utility and use the Axe-II USB for input (and Output) into Studio One!!!

Basically, you need to open up the Mac Audio Utility (w/the Axe USB plugged in and Driver Loaded) and click the + plus sign in the lower left...Add both the Axe-II Input and Output (click on them) to the Aggregate. You can also name the Aggregate something you like.

After that, restart Studio One. In Studio One, create a new 24-bit/48 kHz Song...then select the new Aggregate as your Audio...finally in the song preferences, select the inputs and outputs from the Aggregate you want to use. Works great!

I did not try to integrate the Presonus StudioLive Mixer into the Aggregate yet...however, I'm sure this too is possible.

Hi Favance

I've added Axe II Input and Output to the Aggregate in the mac audio utility. Then, in Studio One I select Axe Fx II Output as my Audio Unit. (There is only Axe Fx II Output - no Axe Fx II Input). Then I create a new Song ( but in studio one I can ony select 32 bit/48 khz ).
I can hear the output of my DAW through the Axe Fx but i can not record any Guitar 'cause it seems there is no input.
In the audio input selection of studion one is only axe fx II output.

thanxs for your help

Ok...so, when you create the Aggregate using the MAC Audio Utility, did you give it a unique name (ex. Axe II I/O)? Then add both the AXE Input and Output to the Aggregate?

Once you do this....IMPORTANT...restart Studio One. Then select the SAME unique Name!!

It looks like from your response, you selected just the Axe II Output and NOT the Aggregate created in Step one... I can guarantee this works on OS/X 10.6.8 w/Studio One version 2, latest update.

Hi Favance

Shame on me.
I've tried it again. Gave it the name - AXE II I/O - now it works.

Many thanxs again

allan13

Glad to hear it works for you now too. I believe this trick is required for Pro Tools use on the Mac as well. Not sure where to post stuff like this as it is not exactly an Axe-II issue, but more of a how to record/use the Axe-II w/other gear...Wiki?

PreSonus Studio One and USB recording with a Mac (AXE FX II)

Hello,

Where do I find "Mac Audio Utility" on my Mac? I am running Snow Leopard. I went into system preferences but I am not seeing anything like what is being described, and I don't see anything about Aggregate Audio setup or a plus sign in the lower left.

Bill

OK, I found the Mac Audio Utility, Created a "AXE II (Input)" Aggregate, and a "AXE II (Output)' unique names. Studio One is still only seeing the AXE FX II as only having OUTPUT. I have restarted Studio One, and have also rebooted my Mac with not luck. What do I do next?

Bill

Back
Top Bottom