Axe Fx II and Misson SP-1 Question

razor7

Hey guys,

Been a lurker on the forum here for a long time and have gathered a wealth of information. However, I have come across an issue that I just cannot figure out so any help would be greatly appreciated.

So here is the scenario, I built a patch with a volume block and a wah block and the toggle on the sp-1 is set to switch off the volume block and switch on the wah block so that works perfect.

Now here is the issue I have come across. If I expand my preset by adding more blocks especially if I add a send and receive block. The switching functionality of the pedal no longer works. Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of why and how to fix it.

Again any help is greatly appreciated.

we have no idea what you did to setup your SP-1 so it's hard to tell why it stops working. can you upload a preset and/or a screenshot of the layout?

How did you configure the SP-1 switch? The most logical way would be to assign it to say External Controller 5 (or any other free External Controller). Assuming this is how you’ve done it, you then need to make sure that you haven’t assigned the External Controller 5 to anything other than what it is that you want it to control.

Opps sorry about that, I am also using the mfc101. I have 2 cables coming from the pedal going to expression 1 and expression 2. Expression 1 is controlling the wah portion and expression 2 is controlling the button to turn the wah on and off. So in essence it's basically a volume pedal until i click the switch and at that point the volume block is bypassed and the wah block is engaged.

I actually used this video to set everything up.

Like I said before the weird part is that everything works fine until I add ad fx send and an fx receive block. At that point the expression controls don't seem to work anymore. I will upload a preset tomorrow there is not much in it because I am programming in more blocks.

Again thanks for the help and I will upload a preset tomorrow.

yeah we need to see where exactly you are adding the Feedback Send and Return Blocks.

could you just upload a picture for now?

I took a screen shot of axe edit. Thanks again

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 9.23.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 9.23.49 PM.png
    195.9 KB · Views: 15
after you add the send/return blocks like that preset screenshot, does the flanger or phaser not work in addition to the wah and volume?

my guess is that your Send block has its output volume turned off and you aren't hearing that first row at all. you still get signal because your Return block is in the first column, which allows the guitar input like normal. i'm not at my axe right now, but you usually have to adjust a few settings on the Send and Return blocks to extend the signal path. ideally, you don't want the return block in the first column (connecting it to the input block automatically).

ahh, i see that now, i missed the shunt between the input and the return. I will take a look at this and let you know how I make out.

Thanks

In the send block set send level to 100% and output level to 0%.

In the return block set mix to 100%.

Send block in column 12 or return block in column 1 won't cause any issues once you make those adjustments.

Hey guys just tried both options. I first tried moving the return block 1 column to the right and that didn't work at first. I then tried what bakerman has said and it worked. After that I tried bakermans suggestion with moving the return 1 column to the right and it worked.

Problem solved thanks again for your help.

yes. the blocks need to be set like he said regardless of position, as i mentioned in my post before.

even though those settings allow you to place the return block first, i still say it's not ideal, as the visual connection from the input block can confuse people later on.

Chris,

No problem, I re-read your post and do see it now. I sometimes read fast and miss parts. I did move the return block over one column so it is not in the first block.

Thank you again for you help.

Back
Top Bottom