Axe Fx II and Logic Pro X

Hello,
I'm running my Axe Fx II into my profire 2626 into logic Pro X and when I get setup to record logic changes my tone it's not what was originally coming out of the axe fx ii, it's grittier and harsh and not what it should be doing. When I run Pro Tools 9 I don't have any issues what so ever
Thanks

I have both programs - my first thought is you may have set Logic to track through one of the built in Logic amp/cab set ups. Check your Logic track configuration. Logic plays well with my setup so it is something simple !
Jim

Probably your tone changes because you are monitoring through Logic. Don't do that! Either turn off software monitoring in the pref's or make sure the track fader is down to zero in record enabled mode and up for track listening when the track is not in record enabled mode - and then you monitor the Axe through the audio interface by "direct monitoring" (or maybe you have separate speakers for the Axe...).

Over here I record into Logic by SPDIF and it works like a charm. I keep an USB cable between computer and Axe and set Logic to send out a MIDI Clock tempo reference into the Axe, so I will be ready to go in case I want to use any tempo dependant Axe patches for recording.

Also make sure that your sample rate is set to 48K in Logic. I believe Logic will default to 44.1K which makes the Axe sound horrible (the Axe only runs at 48K and is not adjustable). This is a project specific setting which can be set from the File>Project Settings>Audio menu or by clicking on the sample rate display in the LCD window (if you've configured Logic to display that info).

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom