Axe FX II and Line6 G90 issue!

Izzyprad

Inspired
I recently bought a used Line6 G90 wireless system, and I was trying to plug it in last night to test it, but all I hear is some hiss/noise, and whenever I touch my guitar or the transmitter I hear like a small pop/static sound. I was wondering if I need to setup anything in G90. I thoght this should be simple plug and play.

I have tested the following...

1. Transmitter battery - Max
2. G90 main out to Axe FX II front input - OK
3. 2 Antennas at the front (G90 Screen displays C & D, and signals are max) - OK
4. Mute - No
5. Signal Strength - Max
6. Transmitter plugged into guitar OK.

What am I missing here? I would really appreciate your help.

Wierd. I have the cheap version, no issues.
1.make sure the transmitter and reciever are on the same freq

Getting any lights on the axe input? I assume just plugging straight in works fine. Again, I dont have the 90, but there really isnt much else to the smaller unit.

I recently bought a used Line6 G90 wireless system, and I was trying to plug it in last night to test it, but all I hear is some hiss/noise, and whenever I touch my guitar or the transmitter I hear like a small pop/static sound. I was wondering if I need to setup anything in G90. I thoght this should be simple plug and play.

I have tested the following...

1. Transmitter battery - Max
2. G90 main out to Axe FX II front input - OK
3. 2 Antennas at the front (G90 Screen displays C & D, and signals are max) - OK
4. Mute - No
5. Signal Strength - Max
6. Transmitter plugged into guitar OK.

What am I missing here? I would really appreciate your help.

Some thoughts...

Make sure the channel select on the unit and transmitter are the same. Check the cables. I know the transmitter cable is pretty flimsy. I ordered a couple new ones to replace it. Plug the G90 into the same power source as the II.

Thanks for the reply guys.

Yes, I made sure both of them were runniong on the same channel. i.e. CH1

The G90 detects the transmitter and displays the transmitter name.

So maybe bad transmitter cable huh? Dammit!

Then it sounds like the transmitter cable.

And I hate to state the obvious because I think only my dumb ass has done this. Is your volumn knob on the guitar at 0? :) But that wouldn't explain the hiss and/or pops.

haha...I did check the volume knob. I know I do that a lot too..lol. Set volume to 0 and spend 15 mins trying to figure out what's wrong? lol

But yes, I did check this time. :)

Well if the audio led's dont light when you strum then its the cable between your guitar and transmitter.

Back
Top Bottom