Axe FX II and GCP IA toggle state

dschaaf

Experienced
firstly, thanks to all for your help and input.....greatly appreciated! :)

I just got my Axe FX II (awesome BTW) and am setting it up with my Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro. I have enabled the 4 preset mode which allows the other 8 buttons for instant access...toggling on/off fx.

It all works well except that I am finding if I have IA button 1 setup for Drive 1 Bypass (in the I/O-->CTRL) it does toggle the drive on and off but it depends on the initial state of the effect. For example, I have a preset with the drive "on" and when I switch to that patch the drive is on but the light on the GCP button 1 is off. I click it once and it (the light) comes one....drive still active...click it again and the drive goes off and the light goes off. Is there anyway to have the GCP accurately represent the state of the drive when coming to the preset?

Hope this all makes sense :)

Thans,
d.

does reversing the modifier graph / min max settings make a difference?
start=100
end = 0
min = 127
max = 0

Thanks...I will check that out. I am TOTALLY new to the midi thing so it is probably something simple that I am overlooking :)

Thanks,
d.

ok, here's a totally stupid newby question....do I need to have both midi in & out from the GCP connected to the Midi In & Out on the II? Right now I only have the GCP Midi out to the II Midi in.....

In addition to so other weirdness I am seeing that if I recall a patch (say 042) via the value...move from 041 to 042 the delay for example is "ON"...which is correct as I have it saved that way However, if I go to patch 041 via the GCP and then switch to 042 via the GCP the delay is "OFF"?

Thanks,
d.

With the GCP, you have to tell it the initial state of each IA on each patch when programming. It won't receive the states on patch change like the MFC does.

Can't remember exactly how to do it, but you go into edit, set the IA's on that you want in a specific patch then save the changes. Something like that. Then repeat per patch.

Hope this helps.

Re: GC IA switches

SparkyG is right. Go to the patch. Enter the edit mode of that patch (upper right hand corner) use the arrow up and down to navigate to (GSX 1) or 2 or whichever one you need to. Then turn on the IA that is set to that (effect block) the light on that IA should be on now. Then hit edit again it will ask you to save, hit yes. And now when you recall that preset the IA light will be on and so will the effect block in the AXE FX. Providing you saved it that way in the AXE FX.

awesome...thanks for the info!

Is this a manual process that you need to do each time the patch is saved differently in the II? So for example, if I do the process above to make it work now but then decide to change the Axe Fx II patch and save it with the effect off....do I have to go back and repeat the process?

I just ordered an MFC-101 about 2 minutes ago :)

Thanks,
Derek

With the GCP, you have to tell it the initial state of each IA on each patch when programming. It won't receive the states on patch change like the MFC does.

Can't remember exactly how to do it, but you go into edit, set the IA's on that you want in a specific patch then save the changes. Something like that. Then repeat per patch.

Hope this helps.

Ok, just to confirm (since I have now ordered the MFC) the MFC will receive the state of FX from the Axe FX II? So if a patch is saved with the drive off the pedalboard will know upon recalling that patch that the drive is off. Or, does the MFC need to be re-programmed with the new state of the effect?

Thanks,
d.

Hey Derek

Yes you are correct on the GCP needing to be changed if you save a preset with an effect in a different state.
And also correct that the MFC picks it all up automatically.

The MFC is far superior.

Back
Top Bottom