Axe FX II and axe edit?

I've had my Axe-Fx II for 2 days now. There are a few things that are VERY useful and make Axe-Edit slightly less necessary.

1. Onboard backups. This is a WAY bigger feature than most people think. And it is FAST, especially in comparison to bank backups using MIDI.

2. Front panel Quick Controls. They take a bit of getting used to, but once you do get used to them, they really make things much quicker.

3. This thing is SUPER easy to dial in good tones on. I was seriously amazed. When I went about programming my first high-gain patch I decided to keep it simple and went with just an amp and a cab. Without tweaking ANYTHING except the cab model, the Recto Red amp model sounded BRUTAL. A small amount of tone tweaking, just on the main Amp page (bass/mid/treble), and the Master Volume was all it took to get a great tone. I'll post some sound clips of this sometime over the weekend.

The only thing I really want Axe-Edit for is Axe-Manage so I can keep track of my patches and user cabs better, though since the new user cab format can include a name, I've found it MUCH easier to manage them without an editor. I still look forward to it, but I can wait until it's stable.

Back
Top Bottom