Axe-fx II amp only firmware for axe-fx ultra.

TBH i cant see a big company like this TOTALLY writing off the Ultra, It would be Commercial suicide. I look forward to a update with some of the stuff from the 2 on my ultra!

well I'm definitely very intrigued by the idea.
best wish list post I've seen in years, imho.

(having two ultras already, I may be biased...)

TBH i cant see a big company like this TOTALLY writing off the Ultra, It would be Commercial suicide. I look forward to a update with some of the stuff from the 2 on my ultra!

the firmware 11 already has stuff from the 2, as described in the release notes and a post made by cliff, can't search for it right now.

Cliff said that an axe-fx II amp takes about 40% of one dsp.

My petition is probably not viable, but it would be incredible to use the axe-fx II amps in the ULTRA... even if it could take only that.

Cannot work.

The Axe2 has two (2) 600Mhz TigerSHARC DSPs, one devoted solely to amp modeling.... but also 64-bit external memory bus for twice the RAM access speed, two times (2X) the RAM, sixteen times (16X) the NVRAM.

I'm no engineer or tech; but that's a different kettle of fish.

It would be cool if we at least got the Cameron CCV and JCM 800 Mod models. Even if they weren't 100% Axe II and done specifically for the Standard and Ultra, I would be very excited. I know it has been said that there is some room left in both the Standard and Ultra for additional amp models...

I would love to see the new Wah algorithm in the Ultra/Standard if it's possible. Oh and new amps wouldn't hurt either. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom