Axe-Fx II 4 main patches

Man that was great, tone and playing is killer.
I never got the 7 string guitar thing till I saw york jazz clip.
I use baritone guitars in the studio for a Buddy Miller vibe
but now I see how you can use the 7 string to get that vibe live.
Thanks, Chris

Great stuff! I commented on your vid but I'll do so here too. That's some great tone and playing!

Were you from Singapore?

Thanks! I took lessons for 2 years from this terrifyingly good guitar player in Singapore, Justin Ho.

That being said there so much for me to work on! I constantly stalk Martin Miller, Tom Quayle and of course Guthrie on youtube for instant inspiration.

Holyshit I took lesson from Justin as well! He's just staying 2 blocks away from me though. Stopped lesson about year ago due to NS. damn...=(

Thanks! I took lessons for 2 years from this terrifyingly good guitar player in Singapore, Justin Ho.

That being said there so much for me to work on! I constantly stalk Martin Miller, Tom Quayle and of course Guthrie on youtube for instant inspiration.

Those guys are great players of course....l like Tom a lot and he has such unique phrasing it drives me nuts. Check out Rick Martin from the UK he is right up your alley...awesome player.
Great tones and playing....keep it up!

Great stuff! I commented on your vid but I'll do so here too. That's some great tone and playing!

Were you from Singapore?

Hey thanks! Yup I am a born and raised Singaporean. I am currently living in Manchester for University.

Those guys are great players of course....l like Tom a lot and he has such unique phrasing it drives me nuts. Check out Rick Martin from the UK he is right up your alley...awesome player.
Great tones and playing....keep it up!

Thanks so much! Will check out Rick Martin ASAP, new inspiration is always welcomed :D.

Holyshit I took lesson from Justin as well! He's just staying 2 blocks away from me though. Stopped lesson about year ago due to NS. damn...=(

Haha what a small world man. I am considering going back to Justin for music theory lessons during my summer break. Anyways checked out your soundcloud page, awesome stuff! Wish I knew how to program drums and master tracks like that.

Haha what a small world man. I am considering going back to Justin for music theory lessons during my summer break. Anyways checked out your soundcloud page, awesome stuff! Wish I knew how to program drums and master tracks like that.

Yeah. It's good to go back to get more tips from him. Really awesome teacher. How long have you stopped? Thanks! Practicing is the key and once you get the hang of it, it's easy! But I still need to improve more on my writing, arrangement and mixing. NS is taking up too much time and energy. And also wish I could play those licks like yours. haha we get jealous of each other.

I really like your playing. I also seen the 7 string and expected lots of chuga chuga, not that anything is wrong with that either :) What pickups do you have loaded in your Ibanez?

Just watched this now and I will echo what everyone else already said...great tones and very tasty playing. Good job!

Hello Lee, thank you for sharing those presets.
I just spent 2 hours with them and they are amazing.
What is great is that they just sound like a great amp.
What makes them so good is that playing thru them I sound just like me, what I mean by that is they are just great amp sounds that allow the player to sound unique, I don't know why it is but some presets just stip away the players vibe, so much of tone comes from the fingers but some patches just wipe away the personality of the player and the specific guitar.
I was using my Collings I35 LC and it was glorious, they resounded so we to the volume controls and pickup selection.
Thanks again, Chris

Hello Lee, thank you for sharing those presets.
I just spent 2 hours with them and they are amazing.
What is great is that they just sound like a great amp.
What makes them so good is that playing thru them I sound just like me, what I mean by that is they are just great amp sounds that allow the player to sound unique, I don't know why it is but some presets just stip away the players vibe, so much of tone comes from the fingers but some patches just wipe away the personality of the player and the specific guitar.
I was using my Collings I35 LC and it was glorious, they resounded so we to the volume controls and pickup selection.
Thanks again, Chris

Hi Chris, I am really glad you like the presets.
I find it very easy for my ears to loose objectivity after tweaking patches for long hours too often. It is extremely re-assuring to know that my patches do not work just for me, but that they can be used by at least another player, to the same effect.
I try to keep the gain low, I think that really helps accentuates the actual playing, phrasing, and tone from the fingers etc haha.

Thanks once more for letting me know that I am on the right track in creating patches!

Back
Top Bottom