Axe Fx II 1k 2k 4k Has a defining sound that only the axe has SUGGESTIONS

npdcoremetal

Inspired
I have heard some bad freq. for some time now since the ultra I have tried everything to get rid of it. Just tonight at practice i was messing with my Ultra and i just for no reason decided to scoop 1k which made 100% difference sounds more realistic and that fizzy sound i hate in hi gain amps was almost gone so i took a little of 2k and 4 k for the ear piercing highs and got a pretty great sound with the ultra when i got home i tried on the axe two and just can not get it. I have an engl powerball a PEAvey 6505plus mesa dual rec two channel and a marshall jcm 800. For me it is very hard to match these with the gear i use. IN a mix or band setting sounds good but alone I get yuck freqencies I don't know what i could be doing wrong. I use a Atomic 50/50 with two avatar cabs with v30s and gh12 and i like to also use the qsc k12, But think i made a mistake buying it cause the horn is rediculous to much highs dont know if i should have got the mackie hd1221. Sorry for the crazy writing just want some help with this hi gain issue

There's for sure something nasty around 2k. I find myself instantly cutting 4-5db around 2k whenever I record high gain with the II.

Record your favorite tone in to a DAW, put an EQ on the track and make a really narrow boost of around 12db, sweep that thru the spectrum and it'll help you see where the really nasty freq's sit.

Hmm strange, I never cut anything around 2K, maybe like -1db if needed. The presense of guitar (esp for high gain amps) is usually around that frequency. But I do cut a lot @ 0.25k, 0.5k, 1k and some @ 4k and 8k.

If they are sounding fizzy, then try using a low pass filter and filter everything after 6500 Hz. You should be ok.

On a related note, not sure if any forum member has encountered this, but I am having very hard time trying to get a good tone out of Recto Amp models. With Axe Standard, Rectos sounded awesome, but with Axe fx II something does not sound right. The amp distortion is not smooth, it sound papery (you know what I mean?).

I hear ya, I wouldn't usually cut around there either, but there's definitely something weird to me around that area. It's no doubt a patch thing related entirely to me.

Hi, on my gear, i can make most of the "Fizz" go away if i lower the Transformer Match a Lot, seems on my gear it cleans up very well at the lowest setting 0.010 , but maybe it depends on
the type of gear,FRFR setup vs poweramp cab ect , not sure , just strange that i need to lower Transformer match on every setting, i wonder why.

I never cut anything in those. I add alot around 8k and up, to open it up and sound more like what you get in a finished recording

Run a spectrum analyser on a few patches. I think you'll find that each amp/cab combination have their own unique personalities and that the Axefx itself doesn't have any inherent eq curve in itself. Even if it did have some kind of boost around 2k etc, it's an easy fix.

Also if you use a wireless system,it could cause some high end frequency Fizz,all depending on the quality of the transmitter/receiver , my line6 relay g30 had to be put on the "cable 30 feet option" to remove fizz at the Axe fx input stage,i was a bit shocked,but it helped a lot,strange stuff sometimes :)

The first post guy knows what i mean axe fx has a specific sound in every amp that the real amps do not have when i jam through my heads i dont hear it but im affriad if i record it the sound may be lost so i dont kno. IF i get time later ill post it see what you all think but now with 3.0 fw sounds lot better

Strange my axe2 has that high freq nasty when I run through the xlrs and its all smooth through the USB or spidf has anyone else noticed this?

Back
Top Bottom