Axe-FX goes Slash ...

mik

Inspired
Hey guys, my band decided to do a cover of "Sweet Child of Mine" so I am working on the song and the tone as well...

Comments welcome .. its still work in progress but I think I got the vibe down.

Recorded direct with my Agile LP, I probably used too much gain but it is too late to re-record today,
sorry, no soundclick links as our band doesn't have rights worked out yet for that song, :mrgreen:

http://www.mediafire.com/?aynkqhmjqut

Mik.

Hey Mik -- That's great! My band does this and I've been working on a SCOM patch for ages but I don't have it as close as yours. Are you using a Les Paul? You have the midrange and the airy reverb just right. Any chance you could share the patch (or the settings)?

Craig

Craig - thank you, :D

I will post it soon .. just wanted to spend some time to fine tune it ... I found that using just the right guitar makes all the difference. My gibson les paul studio with stock pickups doesn't sound right but the Agile with Seymour Duncans sounds decent,

Mik.

I thought it sounded quite good, a hair too much gain possibly as you mentioned, but still very good. That was neck position correct?

Stringtheorist said:
Mik,
Until you're ready to post the patch can you tell us what amp model you used?

Craig - its Buttery model with a "tube drive" block in front .. tube drive is set to 0 gain max level to simulate that modded marshall that Slash used in the studio that had a gain stage added...

The trick in AFX I think is in using a fair amout of "air" in cab block don't be afraid to turn it up,

Mik.

mik said:
Stringtheorist said:
Mik,
Until you're ready to post the patch can you tell us what amp model you used?

Craig - its Buttery model with a "tube drive" block in front .. tube drive is set to 0 gain max level to simulate that modded marshall that Slash used in the studio that had a gain stage added...

The trick in AFX I think is in using a fair amout of "air" in cab block don't be afraid to turn it up,

Mik.
Awesome! Thanks. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom