Axe fx froze then 3 second delay on every preset!

Sidius

Strange thing happened to me. In the middle of recording in to my DAW (logic 9) . The axe suddenly froze for 5 seconds. When it powered back up I was getting a 3 second delay from guitar to the Axe. This is no exaggeration. I have my axe hooked up to computer using USB for input and use my focus rite pro 24 interface as the output device. I haven't had any problems in the past with this setup. My FW is 8.01a . Could it be this? Anyone else had strange problem with their axe?? Thanks

Sounds like audio driver latency. Have you tried powering off the axe, then the PC, power the PC up and then the axe once its up and running in the os?

Spence

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I have exactly the same issue, and my Axe2 arrived new from Fractal with this problem (running 7). It continues to occur after upgrading to 8.01.

Matt from Fractal was very quick to respond after I contacted him and his last communication on this issue was:
"I've cc'd driver developer Daimen Duncan on this. I suspect there is an issue with the Mac driver rather than your Axe-Fx."

I've will continue using the analog outs until this gets resolved, but note that you can keep USB connected for AxeChange connection and other USB requirement.

I should also add that the Axe 2 screen flickers strangely before the weird delay kicks in. Again, all these issues disappear and the Axe works flawlessly when using the analog outs rather than USB audio.

Back
Top Bottom