Axe fx, frfr and an iPad

Guitarist9891

Inspired
I need to have a portable solution to play against backing tracks and hopefully be able to even add a mic. What I was thinking was using the alesis io dock station for the iPad, which has two mic/line hybrid connectors. The backing track will loaded into the iPad, axe fx 2 into one input on the doc station and mic into the 2nd input of the alesis. I have purchased garageBand and MusicStudio apps BUT it appears that you can only monitor the tracks in real time WHILE RECORDING. Does any1 know or have used a similar setup or if a DAW app exists that allows real time monitoring of the tracks without recording. I would also need delay and reverb on the vocal track,but that would come from the DAW app. The sound would be coming out of my wedge. Of course you can always just get a small mixer with digital effects built in, but it is much easier to handle everything on the iPad.

P.s. I don't have the doc station yet, I want to make sure I can accomplish what I need before putting 200$ for the alesis.

Back
Top Bottom