Axe-fx freeze up

jimmynorrisjr

Experienced
Friday night, in the middle of a gig, it froze up. All of the meters displayed full peaking readings, but no sound would come out. I had to reboot to continue. It seemed fine for the rest of the weekend. Has anyone else experienced this? Running the newest firmware, with a CPU of around 70%.

Friday night, in the middle of a gig, it froze up. All of the meters displayed full peaking readings, but no sound would come out. I had to reboot to continue. It seemed fine for the rest of the weekend. Has anyone else experienced this? Running the newest firmware, with a CPU of around 70%.
I had the same situation once I tried some settings in the SW shortly after I bought it. Until now it was the one and only situation. It's still a computer and every part of it can generate errors, e.g. bugs in the CPU are always a topic, also for AMD, Intel, ARM, etc...

I had a similar problem on Saturday. First the volume pedal went out of calibration. This is a particular problem for me because I use zero volume to turn the tuner on/off. Then buttons on the bottom row of the FC12 stopped responding. We had just started the second set, so no time for diagnosis. I rebooted whilst the band launched into the next song without me.

When I get some time I’ll set up my rig at home, and check out XLR connections. UK electrical power is usually stable. I’ve only once had a supply problem, and that was 14 years ago in a remote pub in the Pennines. However it’s always a possibility.

My concern is that it might be related to the problem which early FC users were getting.

I've experienced something similar but not a complete lockup, just the FC-12 connected to the AxeFXIII. It definitely was an issue with flaky power at a particular venue, even with running through a Furman M-8DX.

FC does not like bad cables either. Only problem I've ever had was an FC that would not turn on. Switched cables and it was fine (I was using cheap nasty cables). The bad cable still passed sound for foldback, go figure.

Back
Top Bottom