Axe fx for teaching ... 2 guitars

openmind

Inspired
Hey poeple, how u doing !! So, pretty new here, but I was thinkin, it is possible to run 2 guitars into the axe fx II with pretty much the same preset ? I ve seen some people use different inputs for electric and acoustic or electric with piezo but it is possible to do just 2 electric guitars ? I uso to teach a lot at home, and will be nice to plug both guitars in the axe unit and thats it ...

Hey poeple, how u doing !! So, pretty new here, but I was thinkin, it is possible to run 2 guitars into the axe fx II with pretty much the same preset ? I ve seen some people use different inputs for electric and acoustic or electric with piezo but it is possible to do just 2 electric guitars ? I uso to teach a lot at home, and will be nice to plug both guitars in the axe unit and thats it ...
Axe-FX II – Using 2 guitars at once | Katsu Kuri Media Blog

Yep. I do this all the time. I have a "2 guitars" preset and a "guitar/bass" preset. One person plugs into the normal input and you put a normal signal path with amp and cab. The other person plugs into input 2, then you add the FXL block on a new row in the preset, connect that to another amp and cab, and run that to the end of the row.

Yep. I do this all the time. I have a "2 guitars" preset and a "guitar/bass" preset. One person plugs into the normal input and you put a normal signal path with amp and cab. The other person plugs into input 2, then you add the FXL block on a new row in the preset, connect that to another amp and cab, and run that to the end of the row.

You could also plug one guitar into left rear input and right rear input and set the effects accordingly. Didnt think about using the effects loop for another input but you can use the back inputs for 2 inputs instead!

The advantage of the FX loop is easily running two separate amps (although I suppose you could just use input 1 L and R, and select each amp's input accordingly). That way, when demonstrating things with distortion, you and the student can play at the same time without it turning into mud.

would you be so nice to send me the preset :):)
thxto you all !!!!!

The advantage of the FX loop is easily running two separate amps (although I suppose you could just use input 1 L and R, and select each amp's input accordingly). That way, when demonstrating things with distortion, you and the student can play at the same time without it turning into mud.

Yea when I messed with it I set the amps, drive, effects etc to the proper input and the outputs to 2 4x12 cabs from solid state amp. The sounds/amps/guitars were completely separate. Its crazy but 2 guitar players in a band only need 1 axe fx and 2 cabs, or just out to PA lmao. The axe fx is so powerful.

I didnt edit anything as far as the sound goes, but its should be set up right. chose your drive amp and cab.
You need to use the Rear inputs, one player in Left and one in right. Youll need to set the input to stereo in the I/O settings. Be sure and set the levels too!
You can use the cab blocks and go out to a left and right FRFR speakers (or even out to PA at gig) or bypass them and go out to 2 cabs (one left and one right)
I could make the fx loop one but im lazy, this one is fine for 2 players.

This could also come in handy if your second guitar player's amp goes out at a gig, great backup or main rig for both players!

View attachment Two Player Mode.syx

thx man !!! so ... both guitars on the rear imputs ok ...as soon as I get home I ll try it !!! thx again 1!

I've been curious, is anyone running a pre-amp infront of the rear inputs? Being that the rear inputs are balanced, I would assume that they are designed for line level gear, and plugging straight into the back would sound bad/possibly damage the inputs. (chapman stick player here)

I've been curious, is anyone running a pre-amp infront of the rear inputs? Being that the rear inputs are balanced, I would assume that they are designed for line level gear, and plugging straight into the back would sound bad/possibly damage the inputs. (chapman stick player here)

Not sure what you mean but I have never heard of anyone doing that. I plugged straight in and set the levels and everything was fine.

Back
Top Bottom