Axe-FX for natural sounding verge of breakup tones?

Deaj

Experienced
Much of the Axe-FX recorded audio I've found online demonstrates just how natural the overdriven amp emulations sound though there are precious few demonstrating Axe-FX emulating a tube amp of the verge of breakup. I play blues and rock mostly and I often play with the amp teetering between clean and dirty using picking dynamics to control how much dirt is present. Set up this way the harmonic overtones are already significantly affected before any significant clipping occurs (or this is my perception). My question is how well does the Axe-FX emulate this sort of thing? It's easy to determine that the Axe-FX does a wonderful job emulating complex clean and overdriven amp tones.I'm most interested in knowing if it emulates the complexities and dynamics of a tube amp on the verge of breakup.

Thanks!

paulmapp8306 said:
its not on axe-exchange yet. Is that back up and running?

If so - next time the axe is near a PC Ill up-load them.

The settings for the second clip (the bluesy one) is in this thread here:

http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6906

ill have to get the other one written down.

I had struggled a bit to get "edge of breakup" sounds with my Ultra (7.16FW), but your bluesy Dr. Z settings are great. I entered the settings just as you have them listed in the other thread except I bumped down drive and presence a bit to work better with my particular guitar (Hamer USA Daytona strat clone).......sounds great! Thanks for the settings! BTW, I'm running FRFR into an RCF ART 322A.

Yeh - drive is quite high as I used a Standard Tele with Kinman Broadcaster PUs - so its a thicker tome to a standard Tele though still low O/P.

I did the clip straight into pro-tools. It works just as well with my Art SLA-1 into my VHT 2x12 cab though. ;) Using my PRS (neck HB) on the same patch just upps the gain to almost garry moore style tone.

Back
Top Bottom