Axe Fx Firmware Beta 7?

Jetski

Are there any new Firmware updates? I understood there is a 21.00 Beta 7 Update.
I'm new to Axe Fx. How do you find these updates if they exist? How do you download them?
Thank You!

You always find the most up to date Beta / Normal Firmware release on top in this Forum.
The download link is also on top in the Post.

When its called 'release' without beta being in the title then its the current firmware version. Underneath it the 20.04 release is the current firmware.

Download the zip file linked at the top of the thread. Open it and extract the .syx file inside. That's the firmware file. Use Fractal Bot (either the stand alone version or the one embedded into Axe Edit) to send that file to your Axe FX to update it.

I highly recommend doing a full backup of everything before hand using Fractal Bot. Once you save a preset with newer firmware, it cannot be opened using older firmware, so it's important to always make a backup just in case you want or need to go back.

Some new firmware versions also need an updated version of Axe Edit as well. The release notes in the .zip file will usually specify if it does.

Beta versions are test versions released to the public for final testing. They may contain small bugs. The full release versions replace the betas.

Firmware updates are also cumulative and not incremental, so you don't need to install any other previous versions first. You can go straight to whatever version you want/need.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom